Wear and Tear

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
We have a tv with a built in DVD player which we have as a back up as the DVD player doesn't work. However this got my to thinking as we are upgrading all our TV's this year about buying ones with built in DVD players but was wondering about wear and tear? how are people getting on with them if they have built in players? thanks. We can't lend them out even for free but people could bring them with them especially for kids.

Almost all our rooms have the integrated DVD player. I like them because of less cords, fewer remotes. I was a bit scared of them being fragile and not working for long, but (knock wood) we've been using them a couple of years and no problem.
I didn't buy them all at the same time or place, so brands are different. The front loading ones are easy for folks to maneuver, but a few of the TV's have the DVD slot on the side, and some people don't see that (and I often forget to point it out). So sometimes people have had to ask me where the DVD player is. That's been the only (small) issue.

Go to www.cnet.com they have reviews and descriptions of all makes and models. One thing to keep in mind, standard DVDs are being phased out. Eventually even Blu-Ray will go away.
This becomes a non-issue if you are providing a DVD library to choose from.

Go to www.cnet.com they have reviews and descriptions of all makes and models. One thing to keep in mind, standard DVDs are being phased out. Eventually even Blu-Ray will go away.
This becomes a non-issue if you are providing a DVD library to choose from..
in this country I need a special liscence which has to be paid for even if i lend them out for free so I am not going that far. am happy for people to bring their own though

We have them and love them. They are hung on the wall, visable from the bed.
RIki

We put ours in a year ago and so far so good. It is nice to have the one clicker and less wires.

Back