Web hosting

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
After an annoying 2 days trying to talk to someone at my web host and finding out they KNOW no one can access the email control panel, I'm in the market for a new web host. (There are other issues as well. Ease of use. Ability to add my blog to my website. Downtime is not an issue.) I probably call once/year with a problem but I never feel like it's really important to them to FIX whatever is wrong. The backend control panel is SO hard to use. Nothing is intuitive. The help screens are like a Catch-22 everytime.
Who do you like?

And I just got an email stating my problem has been resolved. I let them know otherwise in the feedback survey.
The problem they quoted was initiated by them not accepting my password. MY problem was not having any access to change it! There is still no direct access, I have a 'work around'. What kind of web host has a major problem like no access to the email controls and says, 'Yeah, we know.'?
And their email to me was they were going to change my pw for me and lock me out until I corrected what they saw as a problem, even tho I followed all of their directions for pw security last month when I got the same stupid email.
Well, they've locked me out anyway if I can't get to the control panel!

DH does our hosting on lunarpages - he is a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to that but we've never had any problems with access or hacking. I work on another website hosted by go dad dy - I would not recommend using them. We have had lots of virus problems and I think because they are so big they are a target for hackers.

DH does our hosting on lunarpages - he is a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to that but we've never had any problems with access or hacking. I work on another website hosted by go dad dy - I would not recommend using them. We have had lots of virus problems and I think because they are so big they are a target for hackers..
I have to agree...I have several clients with their sites on go dad y and if you don't know what you are doing, better forget it! THey may be cheap..but there is a reason why. And I have never had good luck with any support from them either. Too big I guess.

Swirt sent me to 1and1.c_m and I can access my stuff. Price is right (as cheap as go dad).

We switched to acorn internet service and it has been a dream. They know what they are doing. They set us up to make life easy. I must say. After we had our new site built and marketed from them, our business has almost doubled. They also have a lot of free webinars. Go take a look at their site. I also will say for all of you who do your own websites and web marketing. If you are not a pro at this, get a pro to do it. Your website is the Front door to your property. If it is a do it yourself site then you are just getting by. Learn from me!!!

We switched to acorn internet service and it has been a dream. They know what they are doing. They set us up to make life easy. I must say. After we had our new site built and marketed from them, our business has almost doubled. They also have a lot of free webinars. Go take a look at their site. I also will say for all of you who do your own websites and web marketing. If you are not a pro at this, get a pro to do it. Your website is the Front door to your property. If it is a do it yourself site then you are just getting by. Learn from me!!!.
Web hosting, not web design. I have a web site. I just need a place to park it.
How much does Acorn charge to park my web site in their server and not touch it?

We switched to acorn internet service and it has been a dream. They know what they are doing. They set us up to make life easy. I must say. After we had our new site built and marketed from them, our business has almost doubled. They also have a lot of free webinars. Go take a look at their site. I also will say for all of you who do your own websites and web marketing. If you are not a pro at this, get a pro to do it. Your website is the Front door to your property. If it is a do it yourself site then you are just getting by. Learn from me!!!.
Bob said:
After we had our new site built and marketed from them, our business has almost doubled.
I've been admiring your website, looks great!

How much does Acorn charge to park my web site in their server and not touch it?
Madeleine said:
I have parked my home-made site at EW3D for 8 years with no problems. They are small and very communicative. They also help me for a pittance when I screw something up and need assistance. They are usually at the B&B conferences. I think I pay $180 a year? But I can't recall for sure since they renew my domain names too.
http://www.ew3d.com/
RIki

acorn-is.com
I'm not sure what they charge just for hosting, but it's worth it and they will never hold your site hostage. They openly tell you if you're not happy, then they don't deserve your business. I've had many discussions about this. I used to be with ew3d and they are really nice and helpful, but I did have some problems, including getting my domain name changed to my name with me as the administrator. I left them to go to acorn

acorn-is.com
I'm not sure what they charge just for hosting, but it's worth it and they will never hold your site hostage. They openly tell you if you're not happy, then they don't deserve your business. I've had many discussions about this. I used to be with ew3d and they are really nice and helpful, but I did have some problems, including getting my domain name changed to my name with me as the administrator. I left them to go to acorn.
They have totally revamped their own website. They now have their pricing on line. If I read correctly, hosting is $20 a month + extra for email and some other stuff and they say including Google Analytics..well...duh..that is free anyone can get it.
http://www.acorn-is.com/services-pricing.htm

I just got the invoice from 1and1.com for 6 months I am paying $41.94 to host two (2) web sites - mine and the WV Rails-to -Tr-ails Coun cil. It is $6.99 per month total, not each.
Forgot to add, this is with one e-mail that is redirected from the rails site to my outlook (only because I did not need more) and at least 6 e-mail addresses from my web site.

I am using Inmotion. About $80.00 per yr. Mutiple email addresses. Good white/black list filtering as well as anti spam. Allways up. Good customer support.
BBBob

1and1 was always good to me - good price and very responsive. I also used them to put up a template website that I made for someone and they were quite helpful to that individual who has a visual impairment, which can be challenging for them.

I've been using Hostgator.com for several years now to host several websites. It's simple to setup various web applications if you need them (ie Wordpress), email, file management, etc. The backend system they use is called cPanel, which I've seen other hosts use.
When you sign up, you get a few hundred in advertising credits, as well, and other services.

Back