Web Site Designer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
This is my first time to this forum and I've just signed up to see if I may be able to help, in particular in this category.
I run Faversham Designs, a web site design company based in Kent. We've just launched a new web site for a local B&B located in Hernhill, just outside of the town we are based.
I just wanted to promote our business as I think it may be something that may be quite popular with other B&B owners. We provide a service where small businesses can lease web sites from us for a low monthly cost and no large up-front design fees.
All of our web sites include site design, hosting, web site address, search engine optimisation and online promotion from just £10 per month.
If anyone is interested, please take a look at our packages here: http://www.favershamdesigns.co.uk/pricing
Take care
James

Hello James I just clicked on your website and I don't see any examples of websites. why would we even consider using your company? examples of your work? i didn't see any on your blog either.
show us what you do, then come back and you may get some interest. Cheers!

Hello James I just clicked on your website and I don't see any examples of websites. why would we even consider using your company? examples of your work? i didn't see any on your blog either.
show us what you do, then come back and you may get some interest. Cheers!.
Hi Joey,
That's a fair point and... we're working on it. We're just in the process of putting together our portfolio page but for each site that we have produced, we want to create a blog write up. In each write up we are hoping to add a few sentences from the site owner and that's the bit that's taking a while, waiting for people to get back to us.
In the mean time, the most recent site that we have produced is www.churchoast.co.uk, a B&B in Hernhill, Kent.
Regards
James

Hi Joey,
That's a fair point and... we're working on it. We're just in the process of putting together our portfolio page but for each site that we have produced, we want to create a blog write up. In each write up we are hoping to add a few sentences from the site owner and that's the bit that's taking a while, waiting for people to get back to us.
In the mean time, the most recent site that we have produced is www.churchoast.co.uk, a B&B in Hernhill, Kent.
Regards
James
favershamdesigns said:
Hi Joey,
Regards
James
Then you may have to cart ahead of the horse a little bit there James.
Another idea maybe to get rid of the bespoke design you have listed as that isn't really technical jargon that most people understand perhaps putting in custom design so they understand what you're talking about?
you have a ripe market in the UK! Nice work. Photos being key.

Most of us here are in the US and most of us here already have our own sites and are pretty web savvy.

Hi Joey,
Regards
James
favershamdesigns said:
Hi Joey,
Regards
James
Another idea maybe to get rid of the bespoke design you have listed as that isn't really technical jargon that most people understand perhaps putting in custom design so they understand what you're talking about?
Joey Bloggs said:
It's a bit catch 22. We can't put up a portfolio page without getting clients, we can't get clients without advertising our services...
The page should be up soon though.
Thank you very much. We're proud of the site and hopefully more will be online soon!
Please get in touch if you are interested in getting a new site. Our packages start from £10 per month.
www.favershamdesigns.co.uk
Thanks again
James

Advertising works in a funny way on this forum..
dumitru said:
Advertising works in a funny way on this forum.
Yes, if it were put in the resources section, then maybe there would not be as many comments. Would you hire someone without even showing the goods? That seems ridiculous. Maybe my comment will bring this web site designer business, instead of spinning his tires. :) or that would be tyres. There is an advertising section here, as Swirt pointed out.

REmember...you are not in the US either so you are still getting used to the way we have done things on this forum. We have a few from other countries which we love but the majority are US folks.

REmember...you are not in the US either so you are still getting used to the way we have done things on this forum. We have a few from other countries which we love but the majority are US folks.
Actually I was referring to something else...
A week or two ago I have posted a legitimate discussion thread, which didn't promote a product or anything else, and my thread got deleted for some reason.
This thread however stays up, even if it simply advertises a service, and doesn't bring any other value to the forum.
Oh well.

A week or two ago I have posted a legitimate discussion thread, which didn't promote a product or anything else, and my thread got deleted for some reason.
This thread however stays up, even if it simply advertises a service, and doesn't bring any other value to the forum.
Oh well.
dumitru said:
Oh well.
If you think your post was deleted wrongly, please contact the site admin.

Oh well.
dumitru said:
Oh well.
Actually I think this original post should have been deleted because it is not posted in the appropriate place.

It's not common to have a legitimate discussion thread disappear from here. As Madeleine suggested, you might contact the webmaster Swirt and ask about it. There may be some reason for it disappearing, but it could also be an error by the automated system that flags posts that use certain words or something.
Or, similar to what EmptyNest suggests, it may have been moved to a more appropriate section, rather than being deleted entirely.
Please investigate because it doesn't sound like a normal thing to have happen here.

favershamdesigns,
I DID NOT APPRECIATE YOUR SOLICITATION E-MAIL TO ME USING MY CONTACT INFO ON THIS FORUM. PLEASE DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN

Hi Dumitru,
I just took a look at your the two threads you had done that had disappeared. They had indeed been collectively flagged by enough members as spam that they were removed by the site's spam removal system. While I didn't see anything too over the top in terms of spam, I suggest treading lighter a touch lighter so that future posts don't disappear by the same methods.
I restored the posts.

Favershamdesigns, James,
Please tread lightly and by all means read the terms of use for this site, especially the section on webspam and self-promotion.
Cease and desist all email promotion to members of this forum. That is misuse of the contact system on the forum and will get you blocked and banned if it occurs again. You are new to this niche, it would be a shame for you to be cut-off from such a great source of information.

Oh well.
dumitru said:
Oh well.
Actually I think this original post should have been deleted because it is not posted in the appropriate place.
Probably true... but at the same time, not quite ready to be a resource yet ;)

Swirt is "da man". Wish he was part of the upcoming road trip. It would be like meeting a movie star, or Carl Sagan.
Hope people will lay off of Dumitru, as he is playing fair and has offered useful information.

Swirt is "da man". Wish he was part of the upcoming road trip. It would be like meeting a movie star, or Carl Sagan.
Hope people will lay off of Dumitru, as he is playing fair and has offered useful information..
Arkansawyer said:
Or Isaac Asimov.

Hi everyone,
Sorry, I've just been catching up this morning. Breakfast Diva, I am sorry if I caused you offence, it certainly wasn't my intention. I won't PM again and apologies to everyone else as well.
I did genuinely come here to help so I won't put any advertising text on here again.
Kind regards
James

Back