Webervations 2.0 to be discontinued

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muirford

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE: THE ORIGINAL WEBERVATIONS PRODUCT WILL CONTINUE TO BE DEVELOPED AND SUPPORTED!!
Received an email from Webervations/BedandBreakfast.com/Homeway today, including this:
Over the past several years we’ve tried hard to develop the Webervations 2.0 product into a viable property management solution but have come to the conclusion that we do not believe it is possible to continue with it. Going forward we will continue to build features into the Webervations Pro product, and will be shutting down Webervations 2.0 in conjunction with the PCI audit this winter.
It will be shut down on March 15 and current users will be migrated down to Webervations or up to Rezovations.
In other news from that front, John Banczak is leaving the company in March.

What I did not realize until receiving notice of John's departure is that HomeAway has 2 other PMS of their own, not including Webervations & Rezovations.
If memory serves me from the email, the person incharge of the other 2 PMS products will be taking the lead over Weberv & Rezov. as well.

What I did not realize until receiving notice of John's departure is that HomeAway has 2 other PMS of their own, not including Webervations & Rezovations.
If memory serves me from the email, the person incharge of the other 2 PMS products will be taking the lead over Weberv & Rezov. as well..
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Maybe this warrants some attention. None of the things the Rezo folks said were in the pipeline ever showed up. Makes me wonder if the pipe has been capped.

Every day I'm more glad I started with ReservationKey from the beginning. I just hope ResKey is able to keep growing and remain strong. I can imagine what stress I'd be under to have everything humming along perfectly then hear that my system was shutting down in a few weeks!

Every day I'm more glad I started with ReservationKey from the beginning. I just hope ResKey is able to keep growing and remain strong. I can imagine what stress I'd be under to have everything humming along perfectly then hear that my system was shutting down in a few weeks!.
Arkansawyer said:
I can imagine what stress I'd be under to have everything humming along perfectly then hear that my system was shutting down in a few weeks!
Humming along perfectly would be an overstatement when it comes to Web2.0. It was down for four days as of midnight on 12/31 - the only system we know with a Y2K + 12 meltdown. We almost switched last year but weren't happy with the conversion process and the features that we were told would be a on a new system weren't there. We had already started talking to other vendors, including Reskey. My DH is now looking at how to strip all of our old info out of Webervations so we can make the transition with our data intact. That's something that bandb.com has told us they could never do.

The note about PCI compliance probably says it all .. too $$ to keep up with the requirements maybe?
As someone who installed property management systems in hotels all over the world, I went with Resnexus when I bought my B&B - I never regretted it - it had great funtionality for a reasonable price and I can count on one hand the number of times I had limited access in the 6 years I used it

The note about PCI compliance probably says it all .. too $$ to keep up with the requirements maybe?
As someone who installed property management systems in hotels all over the world, I went with Resnexus when I bought my B&B - I never regretted it - it had great funtionality for a reasonable price and I can count on one hand the number of times I had limited access in the 6 years I used it.
YOu think reservation nexus is a reasonable price? What do you pay a month? Last I checked it would have been $60-70 a month. That would be outrageous for a 3 room place like I had

As someone who installed property management systems in hotels all over the world, I went with Resnexus when I bought my B&B - I never regretted it - it had great funtionality for a reasonable price and I can count on one hand the number of times I had limited access in the 6 years I used it.
YOu think reservation nexus is a reasonable price? What do you pay a month? Last I checked it would have been $60-70 a month. That would be outrageous for a 3 room place like I had
catlady said:
That's why we are doing Availability. First year half price and after that $175 a year. Now we are looking into one of the management systems that "talks" to Availability which is $50 Canadaian a year. For a little inn like us, that would be affordable. I think our last quote for Resnexus which we liked was $80 a month. I can't recall if that is booking and management both, but too expensive for us. If we were bigger, it would work as we would probably need the bells and whistles then.
Riki

I am sooooo looking forward to interviewing web reservation engines at PAII next week. I am tired of Webervations changing the rules. I am tired of talking to nasty, cranky people at Webervations. I'm ready to integrate a res system on our website that, when I need help, people will actually be polite to me.
Tom

For those now looking for a new PMS/booking engine, I'd like to post a coupon code: INNSPIRING
This code will give you a 50% discount for six months for Sirvoy reservation system. We also have a one month free trial, no obligations.

I am sooooo looking forward to interviewing web reservation engines at PAII next week. I am tired of Webervations changing the rules. I am tired of talking to nasty, cranky people at Webervations. I'm ready to integrate a res system on our website that, when I need help, people will actually be polite to me.
Tom.
HighMountainLodge said:
Tom
I just emailed BnB management system since it interfaces with my new Availablity reservation system. They, like Availability have responded right away. They offer a 90 day free trial system. I hope I love it like I love Availability. They are $50 Canadian per year from what I see, and Availability is $175 per year with 50% off first year for PAII members. This is a lot cheaper for a little 2-5 room inn like me than the others. We were looking at Resnexus for $80 per month.
This works for us since we are small and do not need all the bells and whistles. And nice customer service people, as you say.
RIki

Yes it was around that price but it (resnexxus) works, it has great functionality and reporting, and it's user friendly ... and easy to use ... and again I have had lots of experience with property systems .... you get what you pay for and lots of folks who took cheaper systems found themselves with issues .. downtimes ....discontinued product or all of the above
And trust me, it's no fun trying to move all your guest info into a new system a year or two or more down the road

Back