Webervations 2011 problem

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I am a big fan of bandb.com, I love Res Nexus and have hardly ever had issues. From someone that used to install property management systems in hotels, I think Res Nexus provides everything an Inn needs .... sorry I know that does not help those of you using webervations but it may help anyone considering a change or a new system..
I'm pleased with Res Nexus as well. Good customer interface, classy appearance. Some local and state organizations use webervations to run the member availability link, but that alone isn't worth it.
That's good to know. We tried to sit down with both RezOvation (owned by bedandbreakfast.com, I think) and Rez Nexus at the last conference we were at - I think it was the Mid Atlantic one- and see if either would work for BOTH our wine tours and the B&B. The young woman at the RezOvation desk was not interested in dealing with us at all - I'm guessing because we were researching, not buying. And it was the last day of the conference so no, she was just sitting there at that point - nobody else was waiting to speak with her. That spoke v[FONT= 'Times New Roman']olumes [/FONT]to me.
The fellow at RezNexus sat us down and listened to our particular situation and did show us how it would work. So I feel better considering them. And he actually understood our situation as well.
Riki
Jeff from Res Nexus has always been good to work with and quick to respond to needs and questions.
catlady said:
Jeff from Res Nexus has always been good to work with and quick to respond to needs and questions.
That may have been who we were talking to. Our problem is we need online booking for our tours separate and in conjunction with the B&B. We have a top selling package that includes a discounted price on the wine tour, but at the same time we have people staying at other hotels and B&BS that need to be able to book the tours. Right now I have the B&B on webervations and the tours on a free online reservation request form with no ability to take credit card info.
But I prefer to take the tour reservations without the cc info. We require a deposit in the form of a check or we'd have tons of chargebacks. The check sorts the lookey loos from the true guests who wish to book. I don't have time to waste on daydreamers.
RIki
I have a tab on my Res Nexus that says MEALS and AMENITIES, these items can be booked by anyone, whether or not staying at the Inn so it may work for you for your tours
agoodman said:
I have a tab on my Res Nexus that says MEALS and AMENITIES, these items can be booked by anyone, whether or not staying at the Inn so it may work for you for your tours
Yes! That would work perfectly for me, especially if we can name our tabs so I could name one "Wine Tours" or even better, have one "Winery Tours" and one "Hybrid Winery/Brewery Tours".
I'll talk to him again in Charleston.
RIki

Although I am a big fan of bandb.com, I love Res Nexus and have hardly ever had issues. From someone that used to install property management systems in hotels, I think Res Nexus provides everything an Inn needs .... sorry I know that does not help those of you using webervations but it may help anyone considering a change or a new system..
I'm pleased with Res Nexus as well. Good customer interface, classy appearance. Some local and state organizations use webervations to run the member availability link, but that alone isn't worth it.
That's good to know. We tried to sit down with both RezOvation (owned by bedandbreakfast.com, I think) and Rez Nexus at the last conference we were at - I think it was the Mid Atlantic one- and see if either would work for BOTH our wine tours and the B&B. The young woman at the RezOvation desk was not interested in dealing with us at all - I'm guessing because we were researching, not buying. And it was the last day of the conference so no, she was just sitting there at that point - nobody else was waiting to speak with her. That spoke v[FONT= 'Times New Roman']olumes [/FONT]to me.
The fellow at RezNexus sat us down and listened to our particular situation and did show us how it would work. So I feel better considering them. And he actually understood our situation as well.
Riki
catlady said:
That may have been who we were talking to. Our problem is we need online booking for our tours separate and in conjunction with the B&B. We have a top selling package that includes a discounted price on the wine tour, but at the same time we have people staying at other hotels and B&BS that need to be able to book the tours. Right now I have the B&B on webervations and the tours on a free online reservation request form with no ability to take credit card info.
But I prefer to take the tour reservations without the cc info. We require a deposit in the form of a check or we'd have tons of chargebacks. The check sorts the lookey loos from the true guests who wish to book. I don't have time to waste on daydreamers.
RIki
Indeed, Res Nexus makes it easy to set up tabs for separate sales. We wanted to be able to offer cooking classes that folk can sign up as a single or as a package with a room discount. Res Nex does it fine. A year ago, Rezov would not allow a customer to buy extras if they had not also booked a room first. We had it and then canclled for that and other reasons.
Tom said:
Indeed, Res Nexus makes it easy to set up tabs for separate sales. We wanted to be able to offer cooking classes that folk can sign up as a single or as a package with a room discount. Res Nex does it fine. A year ago, Rezov would not allow a customer to buy extras if they had not also booked a room first. We had it and then canclled for that and other reasons.
thank you for this info Tom. That could be why the young lady had no interest in talking to us who was at the RezOv table.
We also hope to finish the winery room in the inn soon and start doing wine dinners connecting with the other inns in the area using an associate who has a transportation business, which would be another tab. We'd love to do cooking classes too. There are lots of talented chefs in the area I bet would come and conduct for us.
RIki

Riki
catlady said:
RIki
agoodman said:
Yes! That would work perfectly for me, especially if we can name our tabs so I could name one "Wine Tours" or even better, have one "Winery Tours" and one "Hybrid Winery/Brewery Tours".
I'll talk to him again in Charleston.
RIki
Just another vote for ResNexus. (No experience with other vendors to compare it to, but pretty happy with my ResNexus).

This reminds me of a story (sorry) ...... I installed the systems including the key lock interface at Disney in Paris, well whomever programmed the key lock system "forgot" it was a leap year ...... and at midnight everyone who was not in their room yet could not get back into their rooms ... there were 5500 rooms on property at the time ....
banghead.gif
.... oh and no one from the key system co on property .....
Yowza! I'm sure you'll NEVER forget that day!

and for those of us singing Res Nexus / Jeff's praises ... just got a note he is no longer with them .....

and for those of us singing Res Nexus / Jeff's praises ... just got a note he is no longer with them ......
Hello All,
I would like to thank everyone for the kind words about our Red Carpet Service.
I wanted to address that Jeff Bryce is still with the ResNexus team, and I believe that Jeff Logan is the subject of your note agoodman.
You may view all of Red Carpet Professionals as well as Jeff Bryce at http://resnexus.com/support.html.
Thank you.

and for those of us singing Res Nexus / Jeff's praises ... just got a note he is no longer with them ......
Hello All,
I wanted to address that Jeff Bryce is still with the ResNexus team, and I believe that Jeff Logan is the subject of your note agoodman.
You may view all of Red Carpet Professionals as well as Jeff Bryce at http://resnexus.com/support.html.
Thank you.
oooh my mistake

I suspected that discussion about RexNexus might be really be referring to Jeff Logan, who is with InsideOut Solutions - that information was sent out on Monday to InsideOut Solutions customers.
I am glad to hear it as I am planning to talk to Jeff Bryce and ResNexus during the PAII conference.

Hello All,
Thank you.
Oh thanks for posting....that is good news. Jeff B has always been a joy to work with and I was shocked to hear that rumor. Glad it isn't true.

Back