Webervations 2011 problem

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muirford

Reaction score
So now my webervations is broken - my online calendar shows every room available for every day, and allows booking for any room any day, regardless of whether there is already a reservation or not. My own account on webervations still has all the correct information. My guess is that it's been happening since we rolled into 2011 yesterday, but of course there is no one available at the office and no emergency number on any of the contacts to call. Does anyone have an emergency contact for webervations or bedandbreakfast.com?

whattha.gif

What a pain in the tush! With as large as that company is (and the # of customers they have), they should have someone on call 24/7. This lack of customer service has been addressed several times with B&B.com and they still do not get it, but they sure like to tell US in their webinars how WE need to provide great customer service!

1st - Amen to what Copperhead said!
2nd - Isn't there someone on this forum with B&B.com?
3rd - If B&B.com is going to be at the conference I hope you will be going to that seminar to talk to someone about their lack of 24/7 customer service. I am going to assume you will get it fixed by tomorrow but I'm sorry I have no answers for you.

Although I am a big fan of bandb.com, I love Res Nexus and have hardly ever had issues. From someone that used to install property management systems in hotels, I think Res Nexus provides everything an Inn needs .... sorry I know that does not help those of you using webervations but it may help anyone considering a change or a new system.

That is terrible. WHY do these types of things always have to happen on a holiday weekend? I doubt you will get to speak to anyone before tomorrow, but you might try sending an email to Webervations, they might have someone checking that. [email protected]

The main thing is no one is actually ABLE to overbook a room right? It catches it on "the backside"?
I had a wee issue with reservationkey and John got right on it, and it was the day after Christmas, on a Sunday and he was not even home. Jus' saying, without a huge "Support" team he still has done 100% more than I ever see that other online rez system do.
(Apologies for anyone who doesn't want me to brag on rezkey, I just like to fill y'all in on this system experience as I go)

That is terrible. WHY do these types of things always have to happen on a holiday weekend? I doubt you will get to speak to anyone before tomorrow, but you might try sending an email to Webervations, they might have someone checking that. [email protected].
Talk about why things happen on weekends / holidays - practically EVERY year on either Thanksgiving weekend or Labor Day weekend or Memorial Day weekend - my heat or air goes out. I have told my AC guys they have put some kind of mechanism in my unit that "waits" until a holiday!! I told them next year on Thanksgiving I am booking them a room from Wed - Mon morning so they are "on site!!"

The main thing is no one is actually ABLE to overbook a room right? It catches it on "the backside"?
I had a wee issue with reservationkey and John got right on it, and it was the day after Christmas, on a Sunday and he was not even home. Jus' saying, without a huge "Support" team he still has done 100% more than I ever see that other online rez system do.
(Apologies for anyone who doesn't want me to brag on rezkey, I just like to fill y'all in on this system experience as I go).
Joey Bloggs said:
No, it was not catching it on 'the backside' - someone could have made a reservation that would have appeared to them (the guest) as though it had gone through.
It appears that it has just gotten fixed - in the last five minutes. I emailed John B. and he took care of getting someone on it. Which is fabulous and wonderful service from John, and I truly appreciate it, but for his own sake that should not be the way that their emergency support works.
Sorry, I know you guys love reservationkey but I don't see that working for us in the long run. I'm not ready to jump on board with another one-person show after my experience with Webervations. It's great that he's that responsive.

3rd - If B&B.com is going to be at the conference I hope you will be going to that seminar to talk to someone about their lack of 24/7 customer service. I am going to assume you will get it fixed by tomorrow but I'm sorry I have no answers for you..
suellen222 said:
3rd - If B&B.com is going to be at the conference I hope you will be going to that seminar to talk to someone about their lack of 24/7 customer service.
I'm not going to their seminar since it will be a push for all their products that I don't currently use, but I have been having an ongoing discussion about their support of Web 2.0 for over a year, and many, many innkeepers including me have complained about the support issue. Check the PAII board if you want to see more.
What I do intend to do at the PAII conference is shop for a new reservation system. It's now one of my 2011 resolutions.

3rd - If B&B.com is going to be at the conference I hope you will be going to that seminar to talk to someone about their lack of 24/7 customer service. I am going to assume you will get it fixed by tomorrow but I'm sorry I have no answers for you..
suellen222 said:
3rd - If B&B.com is going to be at the conference I hope you will be going to that seminar to talk to someone about their lack of 24/7 customer service.
I'm not going to their seminar since it will be a push for all their products that I don't currently use, but I have been having an ongoing discussion about their support of Web 2.0 for over a year, and many, many innkeepers including me have complained about the support issue. Check the PAII board if you want to see more.
What I do intend to do at the PAII conference is shop for a new reservation system. It's now one of my 2011 resolutions.
Once Webervations was bought by bb.com their customer service and attitude has been terrible. I do appreciate the added security they've spent a lot of time and money on, but if you don't have the customer service in place, all that time and money is wasted. WE are the ones that are purchasing the product, yet most feel that they could care less about us. I have also brought up customer service issues and they think it's just fine that they "try" to respond to e-mails within 24 hours in the order that they receive them. Well, sometimes one innkeeper's problem is more urgent than the next. There should be someone on call, reachable by phone, 7 days a week.

Glad it is now sorted out.
It is one of those things that being out of our control makes us innkeepers nervous! ugh thanks for reminding me I have this PCI compliance stuff to sort out this month or else...I need a clear head to sit down and read the dozen pages of fine print.

This reminds me of a story (sorry) ...... I installed the systems including the key lock interface at Disney in Paris, well whomever programmed the key lock system "forgot" it was a leap year ...... and at midnight everyone who was not in their room yet could not get back into their rooms ... there were 5500 rooms on property at the time ....
banghead.gif
.... oh and no one from the key system co on property ....

Although I am a big fan of bandb.com, I love Res Nexus and have hardly ever had issues. From someone that used to install property management systems in hotels, I think Res Nexus provides everything an Inn needs .... sorry I know that does not help those of you using webervations but it may help anyone considering a change or a new system..
I'm pleased with Res Nexus as well. Good customer interface, classy appearance. Some local and state organizations use webervations to run the member availability link, but that alone isn't worth it.

Although I am a big fan of bandb.com, I love Res Nexus and have hardly ever had issues. From someone that used to install property management systems in hotels, I think Res Nexus provides everything an Inn needs .... sorry I know that does not help those of you using webervations but it may help anyone considering a change or a new system..
I'm pleased with Res Nexus as well. Good customer interface, classy appearance. Some local and state organizations use webervations to run the member availability link, but that alone isn't worth it.
That's good to know. We tried to sit down with both RezOvation (owned by bedandbreakfast.com, I think) and Rez Nexus at the last conference we were at - I think it was the Mid Atlantic one- and see if either would work for BOTH our wine tours and the B&B. The young woman at the RezOvation desk was not interested in dealing with us at all - I'm guessing because we were researching, not buying. And it was the last day of the conference so no, she was just sitting there at that point - nobody else was waiting to speak with her. That spoke v[FONT= 'Times New Roman']olumes [/FONT]to me.
The fellow at RezNexus sat us down and listened to our particular situation and did show us how it would work. So I feel better considering them. And he actually understood our situation as well.
Riki

That's good to know. We tried to sit down with both RezOvation (owned by bedandbreakfast.com, I think) and Rez Nexus at the last conference we were at - I think it was the Mid Atlantic one- and see if either would work for BOTH our wine tours and the B&B. The young woman at the RezOvation desk was not interested in dealing with us at all - I'm guessing because we were researching, not buying. And it was the last day of the conference so no, she was just sitting there at that point - nobody else was waiting to speak with her. That spoke v[FONT= 'Times New Roman']olumes [/FONT]to me.
The fellow at RezNexus sat us down and listened to our particular situation and did show us how it would work. So I feel better considering them. And he actually understood our situation as well.
Riki
Jeff from Res Nexus has always been good to work with and quick to respond to needs and questions.

Riki
Jeff from Res Nexus has always been good to work with and quick to respond to needs and questions.
catlady said:
That may have been who we were talking to. Our problem is we need online booking for our tours separate and in conjunction with the B&B. We have a top selling package that includes a discounted price on the wine tour, but at the same time we have people staying at other hotels and B&BS that need to be able to book the tours. Right now I have the B&B on webervations and the tours on a free online reservation request form with no ability to take credit card info.
But I prefer to take the tour reservations without the cc info. We require a deposit in the form of a check or we'd have tons of chargebacks. The check sorts the lookey loos from the true guests who wish to book. I don't have time to waste on daydreamers.
RIki

Riki
catlady said:
That may have been who we were talking to. Our problem is we need online booking for our tours separate and in conjunction with the B&B. We have a top selling package that includes a discounted price on the wine tour, but at the same time we have people staying at other hotels and B&BS that need to be able to book the tours. Right now I have the B&B on webervations and the tours on a free online reservation request form with no ability to take credit card info.
But I prefer to take the tour reservations without the cc info. We require a deposit in the form of a check or we'd have tons of chargebacks. The check sorts the lookey loos from the true guests who wish to book. I don't have time to waste on daydreamers.
RIki
I have a tab on my Res Nexus that says MEALS and AMENITIES, these items can be booked by anyone, whether or not staying at the Inn so it may work for you for your tours

Riki
catlady said:
RIki
I have a tab on my Res Nexus that says MEALS and AMENITIES, these items can be booked by anyone, whether or not staying at the Inn so it may work for you for your tours
Indeed, Res Nexus makes it easy to set up tabs for separate sales. We wanted to be able to offer cooking classes that folk can sign up as a single or as a package with a room discount. Res Nex does it fine. A year ago, Rezov would not allow a customer to buy extras if they had not also booked a room first. We had it and then canclled for that and other reasons.

Back