Webervations - A big change - must read

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Webervations is making a big jump in the processing arena - www.webervations.com/online-payments-faq.html
CH states: from a quick glance it appears that if you decide not to use one of their processing options, you must have a cell phone capable of receiving a text to get all the CC information needed for each reservation.
Affective September 2011

If I am reading this correctly, sounds like I had better light a match and move on fast!

I certainly hope they plan to notify their customers of this, did you get an email or did you just happen to see this?

I'm so glad I changed over to Res Key when I did. With no cell service here, I would have to use their integrated system. I would have been one unhappy camper!

I certainly hope they plan to notify their customers of this, did you get an email or did you just happen to see this?.
Recieved an email this afternoon. Spent 5 minutes looking at it steaming. Again this shows their lack of loyalty to their customers. I do understand they are trying to perfect the security of the customers CC but that said they are also looking at ways to line their own pockets. And giving their customers only 1 month to sort out what best fits their business.

Let me tell you if my res system told me this was a new "required" procedure I may think of going back to manual. I pretty much keep up with cc processing trends as I used to sell cc processing any my 2nd job has me dealing with cc reps every day, and I have NEVER heard of this BS ....

Looks like it is time to switch. This is just trying to get us to use their cc processing system. I guess I will try ResKey or Resnexus.
Riki

[FONT= 'times new roman']So I'm hearing good things about ResKey, Availability Online, Innkeepers Advantage and Resnexus. I guess it depends on how many rooms and packages one has as to which will be the best to switch to. I have my homework to do. I think I'll dump BandB.com just so I don't have to deal with this kind of problems anymore. I'm just sick of their games.[/FONT]
Riki
[FONT= 'times new roman']
[/FONT]

I still haven't gotten an email, I'd like to see how they're presenting this to their existing customers. Luckily it will not affect me, getting a text message is no big deal and the phone actually is more secure than the internet (the reason why medical records can be faxed but not emailed). So I'm glad for the security front (I guess, we'll see how it works out).
At the end of the day you still can't beat Webervations for price and functionality (and service, because that group of folks is still housed in Ohio, away from the giant nightmare arm of Rezovation/BB.com). If that changes, then I'll be moving, but until then it's just not worth the hassle (having tried to do it twice now, and each time being a complete fiasco).

If you don't use webervations to process your credit cards then what is the problem? Choose option 4 and you are still good to go. Right?

If you don't use webervations to process your credit cards then what is the problem? Choose option 4 and you are still good to go. Right?.
catlady said:
If you don't use webervations to process your credit cards then what is the problem? Choose option 4 and you are still good to go. Right?
From what I have heard if you don't use their cc processing the cc info will be texted to your cell phone. That means I'll have to send it from there to my computer. Making more work for me and more risk of losing the info if I screw it up. More possible human error.
I think it also means we will be paying $20 more per month from discussions I have heard on CAIK.
TIme to switch before they do something else. They are also only giving us a month to adjust. That is insane. I'm outta here.
Riki

I still haven't gotten an email, I'd like to see how they're presenting this to their existing customers. Luckily it will not affect me, getting a text message is no big deal and the phone actually is more secure than the internet (the reason why medical records can be faxed but not emailed). So I'm glad for the security front (I guess, we'll see how it works out).
At the end of the day you still can't beat Webervations for price and functionality (and service, because that group of folks is still housed in Ohio, away from the giant nightmare arm of Rezovation/BB.com). If that changes, then I'll be moving, but until then it's just not worth the hassle (having tried to do it twice now, and each time being a complete fiasco)..
Don Draper said:
At the end of the day you still can't beat Webervations for price and functionality (and service, because that group of folks is still housed in Ohio, away from the giant nightmare arm of Rezovation/BB.com). If that changes, then I'll be moving, but until then it's just not worth the hassle (having tried to do it twice now, and each time being a complete fiasco).
I am hearing that if we don't go through their cc processing we will be paying 20$ more per month. I'm not staying to see what they will pull next.
RIki

At the end of the day you still can't beat Webervations for price and functionality (and service, because that group of folks is still housed in Ohio, away from the giant nightmare arm of Rezovation/BB.com). If that changes, then I'll be moving, but until then it's just not worth the hassle (having tried to do it twice now, and each time being a complete fiasco)..
Don Draper said:
I am hearing that if we don't go through their cc processing we will be paying 20$ more per month. I'm not staying to see what they will pull next.
RIki
I hadn't heard that, still have gotten nothing from them. But even at $20 extra per month, for my 9 rooms, they are much less expensive than any other alternatives I've looked at.

I certainly hope they plan to notify their customers of this, did you get an email or did you just happen to see this?.
Don Draper said:
I certainly hope they plan to notify their customers of this, did you get an email or did you just happen to see this?
Got an email announcement. You should be getting it too...
RIki

Here's the big question: will this affect Rezovations too? Or just Webervations? So confusing...I would literally rather stick a pencil in my eye than attempt switching to something else right now...

If you don't use webervations to process your credit cards then what is the problem? Choose option 4 and you are still good to go. Right?.
catlady said:
Yes and NO... Only the last 4 numbers and expiry will be displayed in Weberv, the remaining 12 will be sent to you via phone text message upon your request. That extra step would be a continual PAIN for me.. Each time I want to take a deposit, I have to request a text, then have it sent. I do have unlimited text messaging I just don't think this extra step is necessary.
I have been looking at serval other sites and some stating their PCI compliance and you do see the data. I see another motive to this change - digging deeper in our pockets. I have never been one to keep all my eggs in one basket, and do not intend to do so with this outfit.

Don Draper said:
RIki
NO, it is not $20 more a month if you go with option 4, which will send the first 12 to your phone upon request.
I believe option 3 is to keep your same processor, they can send the CC to it for $19.99 a month. I don't know how that would work, guess you would submit how much to charge & when.

Recieved an email this afternoon. Spent 5 minutes looking at it steaming. Again this shows their lack of loyalty to their customers. I do understand they are trying to perfect the security of the customers CC but that said they are also looking at ways to line their own pockets. And giving their customers only 1 month to sort out what best fits their business.
CH: Do you mind sharing the text of the email they sent you? If you'd rather not post here would you mind sending me an email? I'd like to get out in front of this as much as possible.

Don Draper said:
RIki
I hadn't heard that, still have gotten nothing from them. But even at $20 extra per month, for my 9 rooms, they are much less expensive than any other alternatives I've looked at.
Don Draper said:
Been looking around myself, so far Reservation Key is in the same ballpark dollar wise but they do so much more than Weberv. for 5-10 rooms it is $18.99 a month and you do get all the guest data. I will be checking with them today to see how they work the data change over. If I recall they help with that.

CH: Do you mind sharing the text of the email they sent you? If you'd rather not post here would you mind sending me an email? I'd like to get out in front of this as much as possible.
Don Draper said:
This is what I got:
[COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 119)]Dear Innkeeper, [/COLOR]

We are pleased to announce the expansion of our credit card processing options within the Webervations® system, which will make managing your online payments easier and more affordable than ever!

Beginning this fall, if you are a Webervations customer, you will have four credit card processing options available to you.
Option 1 – Process through our new partner, InnPayment. InnPayment’s processing is now directly integrated into Webervations! Innpayment offers a low, fixed rate of 2.5% with no fees or long-term contracts.
Option 2 – Process through Intuit Merchant Services. Intuit also offers low processing rates with no long-term commitment and has been actively connected to Webervations for more than a year.
Option 3 – Process through virtually any credit card processor through our new “Gateway.” While InnPayment and Intuit have rates that are virtually impossible to beat, this gateway option provided by Yapstone costs $19.99/month and enables you, in most cases, to keep your current processor or have a wide range of credit card processing options available to you.
Option 4 – Process through Webervations. Customers can continue to use Webervations for the capture and storage of credit card numbers; however now you can only retrieve credit card numbers via our new two-part system – the last four digits will appear in Webervations, and the first twelve will be transmitted via text message (SMS) to the device of your choice. This two-part retrieval and transmittal system assures that your guests’ data is being handled in a secure manner.

Please note, Webervations will not allow the unencrypted viewing of credit card data by any users. The first three options above enable the storage of credit cards for deposits, holds and charges, but do not reveal the full number within the system. However, as explained in option four, Webervations users can still access the full credit card number via the two-part retrieval system.
These changes will be effective in September 2011 to all Webervations users. Please stay tuned for additional information and for your specific roll out date.

If you have questions about your Webervations account or this upcoming change please contact our support team at 877-204-7245.

For more information about InnPayment or Intuit credit card processing including rates and how to sign up, please contact our sales team at 866-565-1800

Thank you!
- The Webervations Team

Back