Webervations/BedandBreakfast.com

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told DH and he said, what the? No one has a cell phone or pager or is on call over the weekend? Perhaps they are there working on it right now, and it is better to work on it than return all the calls and emails.

Methinks it is still Fishy re the timing of the Phishing breach and the Widget auto-install that wiped out GA, what else was affected?

Methinks it is still Fishy re the timing of the Phishing breach and the Widget auto-install that wiped out GA, what else was affected?.
PoppaSmurf said:
Methinks it is still Fishy re the timing of the Phishing breach and the Widget auto-install that wiped out GA, what else was affected?
Phishing is not an attack on their system, it is an attack on the brains of users of their system. Phishing hacks the user's brain, not the actual website.
My guess on the phishing lockdown (and this is just an educated guess) is that they are locking down any accounts that end up logging in from a new (previously un-logged in ip address) That is why some are locked out and some aren't. If you are always logging in from the same computer, and no new IP addresses are used (from the possible phishers) then you can still see the cc details. If someone tries to access with an ip address that has never been used by that inn, then the walls go up and the important cc info is locked away.
That's the thing...you can protect against hackers, but protecting against a stolen username and password is much more difficult. Webervations isn't being hacked. The Innkeeper's brains are. Someone sends innkeepers an email asking them to click a link to login to webervations ... only they don't realize the link took them some place that looks like webervations, but isn't...then they login and the bogus page captures the username and password ... then the phisher logs into the real webervations with their newly stolen username and password, and they have acccess to all the CC info in inn's account. The HUMAN users of any service are always the weakest link in the security because they are the most gullible.
It is likely that if yours was not showing you CC info to you, that you were either using a new IP address (lots of times these change without your knowledge) or someone got a hold of your username and password and the system locked your CC info away as it should have.
I know my explanation doesn't help solve the problem, but I hope it at least help explain the nature of a phishing attack.

Banana said:
For those of you that do both, do you know that in the following statement is included in the form that the guest fills out:
[tr]Please have BedandBreakfast.com remind me to review this property after my stay[/td] [/td] [/tr] [/table]And it is already pre-checked. I am finding no way to remove this from the form. Am I over reacting by being irritated about this? After all the things they've pulled in the last couple years, this really tops it for me. I have no control over what my guests read from my website?
Is this showing up on the Webervations form? I want it off right away, as I correspond personally with my guests!! How are they putting information on my booking pages that I did not create? It looks like time to change. I don't like the eval widget on every page either Looks too canned and commercial
RIki

Banana said:
For those of you that do both, do you know that in the following statement is included in the form that the guest fills out:
[tr]Please have BedandBreakfast.com remind me to review this property after my stay[/td] [/td] [/tr] [/table]And it is already pre-checked. I am finding no way to remove this from the form. Am I over reacting by being irritated about this? After all the things they've pulled in the last couple years, this really tops it for me. I have no control over what my guests read from my website?
Is this showing up on the Webervations form? I want it off right away, as I correspond personally with my guests!! How are they putting information on my booking pages that I did not create? It looks like time to change. I don't like the eval widget on every page either Looks too canned and commercial
RIki.
It is on the form, after they click on the room of their choice. On the page where they enter their name, address, etc. Email [email protected] and let them know you would like it and the widget removed.

Banana said:
RIki.
It is on the form, after they click on the room of their choice. On the page where they enter their name, address, etc. Email [email protected] and let them know you would like it and the widget removed.
You can easily remove both yourself now.... go to Property Info and it is under the Name & Address section. You can uncheck both the Widget and the B&B email blurp.

Banana said:
RIki.
You can easily remove both yourself now.... go to Property Info and it is under the Name & Address section. You can uncheck both the Widget and the B&B email blurp.
Even though I appear to be the only one that got the email announcing the change, I can not find the change on either a reservation form (having made a phony reservation myself) or in my configuration area of Webervations 2.0. I can only hope they haven't really implemented it for me yet, even though they say they have. I will have to call tomorrow to find out for sure.

Banana said:
RIki.
Even though I appear to be the only one that got the email announcing the change, I can not find the change on either a reservation form (having made a phony reservation myself) or in my configuration area of Webervations 2.0. I can only hope they haven't really implemented it for me yet, even though they say they have. I will have to call tomorrow to find out for sure.
Jeanne,
I did not see it on your form either. Before I had ti removed from mine (reg. Webervations) it appeared just under the big box for comments or special requests. I think Proud Texan posted not having it active on his either, but he is not on Webervations 2.0 either.

Banana said:
RIki.
Riki, checked your listing and the widget is on your Webervations availability page(s) and the review reminder is on your form. To remove it go to the management section - Property info - Name & Address where you can click to turn either one off.

Banana said:
RIki.
Riki, checked your listing and the widget is on your Webervations availability page(s) and the review reminder is on your form. To remove it go to the management section - Property info - Name & Address where you can click to turn either one off.
Thank you! I saw thw widget but not the review reminder. I didn't realize I could remove it myself. Only right now I'm having trouble logging on...
Oh great. Now I went to my website to try and "book" a room and I get no connection. Like there is a broken link...
Riki

Banana said:
RIki.
Thank you! I saw thw widget but not the review reminder. I didn't realize I could remove it myself. Only right now I'm having trouble logging on...
Oh great. Now I went to my website to try and "book" a room and I get no connection. Like there is a broken link...
Riki
What did you do - I can't get on either!!!! LOL -
Server must have gone down for maintenance or back up.

Banana said:
RIki.
Jeanne,
I did not see it on your form either. Before I had ti removed from mine (reg. Webervations) it appeared just under the big box for comments or special requests. I think Proud Texan posted not having it active on his either, but he is not on Webervations 2.0 either.
I don't have it on mine either...I'm on 1.0

Banana said:
RIki.
copperhead said:
Thank you - I was able to remove it! I wish they would just inform us that these things will be available and not just willy-nilly put them in my designed form. I'm not at all comfortable with that. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and change to a new system soon. I don't like someone else messing with my business like that. And no, I didn't receive any email about any changes that I recall.
Riki

Banana said:
RIki.
Jeanne,
Breakfast Diva said:
I am 1.0, and I was able to uncheck it. BTW, thanks John for your explanations and for your efforts on our behalf. I, for one, am still pleased with what bb.com does for our occupancy and reputation.

Back