Webervations - email address issues

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
JOHN B,
We have had issues with Webervations as it does not ask for the guest to input their email address twice, so typos occur and the guest never receives a confirmation. Sometimes this can end up in a no show - a no show means innkeepers are up all night waiting for this room who never shoes, exhausted for a week thereafter...not to mention lost revenue (and it may be a multiple night stay).
Is there any way to make an addtl field for the guest to put their email address in twice - and have it say "MATCH" like you do on every online form you have every come across?
Some use their online email so it will be [email protected] and they invert just ONE number and never get their confirmation from Webervations.

That is an excellent suggestion. I hope John will address this issue. I have had similar happen.

This is an excellent point. We've had a run lately where people have not entered an email address at all. It would be nice if the reservation could not be processed if that field is left blank.

Joe B,
Thanks for addressing my concerns directly to John B. I should have thought of that
confused_smile.gif

Joe B, Thanks for addressing my concerns directly to John B. I should have thought of that
confused_smile.gif

This is what I love, Love, LOVE about this forum: you can go RIGHT TO THE TOP. Where else can we ask the greater powers that be to explain, define, or maybe even change, applications in their systems? Is there anywhere else that we can "talk" directly on a level playing ground to Jay, John B, even Eric Goldreyer (who hasn't been around much anymore), Sandy Soule...?
Again, Swirt, this is a great place to belong! Thanks :)

I just made some adjustments to my custom messages screen in Weberv. The more I add the less they read...but at least they HAVE to tick the box to agree to policies.
I added:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']**If you are using someone else's credit card for this booking - we need prior approval from them - ask them to give us a call please! 123-456-7891[/FONT]
See some book for others and whose email address is it anyway? We have to change with the times, I hope John B can see our suggestions coming from the horses mouth on these issues.
Not much we can do about Spam other than realize it is a battle we will always face.
So we need to make sure the guests realize they might not get the confirmation - if in fact "Thank you for your reservation - expect your confirmation in your inbox momentarily" doesn't work, not sure if a confirmation # immediately generated might ensure they check for their confirmation email? This is probably a step that is impossible, but when I submit something, I get the confirmation # and a message saying to check my email.

Joe Bloggs said:
JOHN B,
We have had issues with Webervations as it does not ask for the guest to input their email address twice, so typos occur and the guest never receives a confirmation. Sometimes this can end up in a no show - a no show means innkeepers are up all night waiting for this room who never shoes, exhausted for a week thereafter...not to mention lost revenue (and it may be a multiple night stay).
Is there any way to make an addtl field for the guest to put their email address in twice - and have it say "MATCH" like you do on every online form you have every come across?
Some use their online email so it will be [email protected] and they invert just ONE number and never get their confirmation from Webervations.
This is an excellent suggestion. I have seen this numerous times on other websites. I can't believe no one else has brought this up before.
It seems like it would be a given.

That is an excellent point - quite frankly we haven't changed much with Webervations on the front-end. We've been pretty consumed by things like stability, security, PCI compliance, association functionality, etc. and the message was loud and clear from innkeepers when we purchased Webervations to not change anything!!!
But we are starting to get some time to do stuff on the front end - and things like this just make sense. I'll get this on the list and keep you posted. Should be something we can get done relatively easily, although we are tied up on a big CC processing and PCI audit right now, so things are a little bogged down.
Thanks for the suggestion,
John

having to enter the email twice is a great idea!!!
i wonder how difficult it would be to put in one of those email verification deals ... like when i'm at some websites, i have to go to my email and click that i've got the email ... and then continue. more time consuming i know ... just thought i'd throw it out there.

I'm not sure it is the answer....I've used these duplicate entry fields for email addresses on some things I've built and what I find is that roughly the same amount of mistakes come through because they only write it once, then copy and paste it...so a copy of a mistake is still a mistake, but it matches... it may catch a few, but in my experience it won't catch the majority.

I'm not sure it is the answer....I've used these duplicate entry fields for email addresses on some things I've built and what I find is that roughly the same amount of mistakes come through because they only write it once, then copy and paste it...so a copy of a mistake is still a mistake, but it matches... it may catch a few, but in my experience it won't catch the majority..
Swirt,
An update about adding the verbiage "Please reply within 24 hours by e-mail or phone that you have received the Confirmation". I received a reply back within 4 hours. I think that this is going to help.

I'm not sure it is the answer....I've used these duplicate entry fields for email addresses on some things I've built and what I find is that roughly the same amount of mistakes come through because they only write it once, then copy and paste it...so a copy of a mistake is still a mistake, but it matches... it may catch a few, but in my experience it won't catch the majority..
Guilty as charged!!!
embaressed_smile.gif
I do look at what I typed first but that is not fool proof either.

Back