Webervations..frustrated

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseberry

Reaction score
Good morning everyone and a happy new year....
need to vent...lol
about 2 weeks ago my computer crashed, lost rezovations GT.
Lucky I have a laptop, so I call for help to install it on my laptop. Ahhhh, christmas vacation time....wait a week before office opens...
for reservations, go back to pen and paper....no problem.
Office opens, I get info to re-install. Since all my back-ups were done automatially online, I had to set the program up from scratch, then try to download my back up.
Well, I did everything as it said in the emails, but when it goes to the box to download, it says it is downloading and depending on my speed it ould take minutes or even hours.
My problem is that it has been all night and the process bar has not even moved yet. It also won't let me exit out because it is supposedly downloading my back up, whih it is obviously not. I had to re start my laptop a few times and start over, all with the same results, nothing.
So I try calling for help again and arghhhh, they are closed again until monday !!!!!!
Don't get me wrong, webervations/Rezovations are a great company, always was happy with them and I am happy for them that they get all this time off. Would love to work for an establishment like that.
BUT......having a helpdesk available 24/7 would sure be great, especially when it is days/weeks before the office opens back up.
However, my main question is, after venting, if anyone else here had a same or similar problem and could tell me how they fixed it.
2 years are backed up someplace I can't get...grrrrr
Happy New Years again everyone :)

I am guessing it is all in rezOvations, there is no downloading in Webervations, and that is what I use. Sorry I can't help. Hope you get it all working again. Can you access it all online meanwhile?

I am guessing it is all in rezOvations, there is no downloading in Webervations, and that is what I use. Sorry I can't help. Hope you get it all working again. Can you access it all online meanwhile?.
I can go manually to webervations and take rooms offline, but even there things changed. I just got a reservation this morning for June, high season, at winter prices ????? Went to see, and 2 of my rooms had all winterrates and one room had no prices at all......talk about frustrating.

Hi there - sorry to hear about the trouble! We do have a technician on call today and all weekend for emergency support, as we always do after business hours. I'm surprised you didn't get through -- normally it will transfer the call automatically when you call our support line at 866-565-1800 option 2 or 512-322-2777.
I'll have the technican give you call today and get this sorted out.
Best,
Ben

Hi there - sorry to hear about the trouble! We do have a technician on call today and all weekend for emergency support, as we always do after business hours. I'm surprised you didn't get through -- normally it will transfer the call automatically when you call our support line at 866-565-1800 option 2 or 512-322-2777.
I'll have the technican give you call today and get this sorted out.
Best,
Ben.
Thanks Ben,
I will definately call them. When I called the normal help desk it just told me that the office was closed until monday, no transfers.
I too hope that we can get this figured out. It's like my life is out there in cyperspace someplace..lol

I just checked the message - it is on the confusing side. We'll get it changed - sorry about the inconvenience. The menu still works as normal, but the voice recording up-front would lead you to believe that you are not going to get a menu at all.
Thanks for alerting us to it. Sorry to hear about your pc troubles as well - it sounds like Ben and Chris have it headed in the right direction, but the download is taking quite a bit of time over your DSL.
JB

Wow ... hard ot beat the 40 minute response time on this forum on New years eve. Hope it all works out well for you Mooseberry.

Wow ... hard ot beat the 40 minute response time on this forum on New years eve. Hope it all works out well for you Mooseberry..
swirt said:
hard ot beat the 40 minute response time on this forum on New years eve.
One of the MANY reasons I LOVE this forum!!!
shades_smile.gif

I had a problem contactint Webervations - then BedandBreakfast.com Both had same recording "Closed until Mon, Jan 4"
I ranted on PAII Forum and got no admission by Webervations or BnB.com personnel. At least Banzack admitted problem w/recording on this forum.
I have become member and will post this kind of stuff here. Maybe the fact that non-members can read our posts and PAII is members only has something to do with it.

Back