Webervations - Latest on the CC data change

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Webervation USERS:
Many Webervation users had stated in the last thread that they had not gotten the last email regarding the changes in viewing CC information. For your info, I am sharing the latest email regarding that change. NOTE: See the changes in OPTION 4
Dear Innkeeper,
Thank you for the feedback on our new credit card processing options. After hearing from users, we decided to enable additional methods of communicating credit card information more securely. You can now receive a portion of the credit card information via SMS, email or both. In order to facilitate these changes, the new system will go live in October, rather than September. We hope this provides you greater flexibility in using the system.
Here is a recap of the new Webervations® credit card processing options which will be available:
Option 1 – Process through our new partner, InnPayment. InnPayment’s processing will be directly integrated into Webervations! InnPayment offers a low, fixed rate of 2.5% with no fees or long-term contracts.
Option 2 – Process through Intuit Merchant Services. Intuit also offers low processing rates with no long-term commitment and has been actively connected to Webervations for more than a year.
Option 3 – Process through virtually any credit card processor through our new “Gateway.” While InnPayment and Intuit have rates that are virtually impossible to beat, this gateway option provided by Yapstone costs $19.99/month and enables you, in most cases, to keep your current processor or have a wide range of credit card processing options available to you.
Option 4 – Continue to manually process. Customers can continue to use Webervations for the capture and storage of credit card numbers; however, you will only be able to retrieve credit card numbers via our new two-part system – the last four digits will appear in Webervations, and the first 12 will be transmitted via text message (SMS) to the device or email address of your choice. This two-part retrieval and transmittal system assures that your guests’ data is being handled in a more secure manner.
Please note, once these changes take effect, Webervations will not allow the viewing of full credit card data in the Webervations system by any user. The first three options above enable the storage of credit cards for deposits, holds charges, repeat charges, but do not reveal the full number within the system. However, as explained in option four, Webervations users can still access the full credit card number via the two-part retrieval system.
All Webervations users will see these changes take effect in October 2011. Please stay tuned for additional information and for your specific roll out date. If you have questions about your Webervations account or this upcoming change, please contact our support team at 877-204-7245.
istock_000005383287xsmall.jpg

For more information about InnPayment or Intuit credit card processing including rates and how to sign up, please contact our sales team at 866-565-1800.

Hey Was just getting ready to post that. So...the power of the people has spoken. You all can get your CC info via email now...so for now you should be ok. Guess they don't want to see you all walk
cheers.gif
Power to the people!

Hmmm...I never got the first email. Tried to have it re-sent and it seemed like it was an issue with their server. Then it came through. That was last week though, is this a new email that you received today?
I was very happy to receive strong assurances that Webervations will not be going anywhere. There has been a LOT of resources put into making it secure/stable so those resources would not want to be wasted. Honestly, I do like the way they handle the cc info now (needing to answer security questions to access the full number). I like the idea of the SMS message to my phone as well, that way the entire number is never visible anywhere. None of the alternative systems I looked into could offer the same level of PCI Compliance...many of them are still taking CVV info which is expressly prohibited by the PCI Compliance guidelines.

Looks like #4 might be almost what I have from them now. No phone text for me because of my day job .When I am in a basement or the police office text/phone calls are dropped on my phone. College calls go through a relay antenna but not mine. Hope I dont have to change ?

Hmmm...I never got the first email. Tried to have it re-sent and it seemed like it was an issue with their server. Then it came through. That was last week though, is this a new email that you received today?
I was very happy to receive strong assurances that Webervations will not be going anywhere. There has been a LOT of resources put into making it secure/stable so those resources would not want to be wasted. Honestly, I do like the way they handle the cc info now (needing to answer security questions to access the full number). I like the idea of the SMS message to my phone as well, that way the entire number is never visible anywhere. None of the alternative systems I looked into could offer the same level of PCI Compliance...many of them are still taking CVV info which is expressly prohibited by the PCI Compliance guidelines..
Yes, should have stated that this was an email sent TODAY 8/8/11

Hey Was just getting ready to post that. So...the power of the people has spoken. You all can get your CC info via email now...so for now you should be ok. Guess they don't want to see you all walk
cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
I'm still walking. I don't trust them, and don't like all these #1,#2,#3 choices. Does not sound organized to me at all.
And as others have said, what's to stop them from saying later "Oh my, sorry , just found out emails are not secure..."
It may be "power to the people" but I want to work with a company that is working WITH me not one I have to fight with. I want CUSTOMER SERVICE
Riki

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
I'm still walking. I don't trust them, and don't like all these #1,#2,#3 choices. Does not sound organized to me at all.
And as others have said, what's to stop them from saying later "Oh my, sorry , just found out emails are not secure..."
It may be "power to the people" but I want to work with a company that is working WITH me not one I have to fight with. I want CUSTOMER SERVICE
Riki
Unfortunately, good luck trying to find that. One of my biggest frustrations as an innkeeper, I need to give 1000% perfect service to every guest, every time but I can expect to find that service no where else in my world
sad_smile.gif

Riki, be sure to check on the system you are looking into...accepting cvv codes is the biggest no-no for PCI compliance, you could be held liable if the system is doing that. Just don't want you to get burned. You know I am far from a cheerleader for you-know-who, but Weberv is still separate and unfortunately still the only system doing what is does for the price and security.

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
Unfortunately, good luck trying to find that. One of my biggest frustrations as an innkeeper, I need to give 1000% perfect service to every guest, every time but I can expect to find that service no where else in my world
sad_smile.gif

Riki, be sure to check on the system you are looking into...accepting cvv codes is the biggest no-no for PCI compliance, you could be held liable if the system is doing that. Just don't want you to get burned. You know I am far from a cheerleader for you-know-who, but Weberv is still separate and unfortunately still the only system doing what is does for the price and security.
Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

Thanks for the advice - the one I'm going with is one of the oldest online booking companies and have their certification on a link that I can download for my records. There are a lot of people that have been using them for a long time on PAII.
I would just rather work with a company that has great customer service - I already know my contact and he had communicated with me - they already have my calendar done for my which matches my website and they are PAII members and are giving me a discount for my first year. They are in the same ball park price as Webervations.
I don't like the way Webervations is going with numerous ways to get information. They are probably getting too big and complicated for my taste. And my guests find the booking system confusing too often.
RIki

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

Thanks for the advice - the one I'm going with is one of the oldest online booking companies and have their certification on a link that I can download for my records. There are a lot of people that have been using them for a long time on PAII.
I would just rather work with a company that has great customer service - I already know my contact and he had communicated with me - they already have my calendar done for my which matches my website and they are PAII members and are giving me a discount for my first year. They are in the same ball park price as Webervations.
I don't like the way Webervations is going with numerous ways to get information. They are probably getting too big and complicated for my taste. And my guests find the booking system confusing too often.
RIki
Please keep us posted on how the transition goes for you!

Looks like #4 might be almost what I have from them now. No phone text for me because of my day job .When I am in a basement or the police office text/phone calls are dropped on my phone. College calls go through a relay antenna but not mine. Hope I dont have to change ?.
This would only be a problem if you were trying to retrieve the cc number while you are at your day job. The numbers won't be sent to you automatically, only when you login to webervations and go to retrieve a specific number. Only at that instant would it send out an sms text.

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

RIki
Don Draper said:
They have already completed a calendar for me which will match my website. My contact has emailed me a couple of times since they did not hear from me - but my weekend was hectic and my aging Borzoi is in hospice in the basement taking care of my DH who is not yet ready to let go so I have not had the time or energy to start work on it. I have plenty of time since my contract with Webervations ends in October. I'll let you know how it works
Riki

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

RIki
Don Draper said:
They have already completed a calendar for me which will match my website. My contact has emailed me a couple of times since they did not hear from me - but my weekend was hectic and my aging Borzoi is in hospice in the basement taking care of my DH who is not yet ready to let go so I have not had the time or energy to start work on it. I have plenty of time since my contract with Webervations ends in October. I'll let you know how it works
Riki
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this about your baby.
broken_heart.gif

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

RIki
Don Draper said:
Riki
broken_heart.gif

Don Draper said:
broken_heart.gif
thank you for your concern. The vet and I could be wrong, and DH may be right. We are just in hospice mode right now. His spirit and eating is still strong. They just don't know what it is.
riki

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

RIki
Don Draper said:
Riki
Sorry about the pup.

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

RIki
Don Draper said:
Riki
broken_heart.gif

Don Draper said:
broken_heart.gif
thank you for your concern. The vet and I could be wrong, and DH may be right. We are just in hospice mode right now. His spirit and eating is still strong. They just don't know what it is.
riki
Sorry to hear about your dog. Glad to hear he's not giving up.

cheers.gif
Power to the people!.
Riki
sad_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
sad_smile.gif

RIki
Don Draper said:
Riki
broken_heart.gif

Don Draper said:
broken_heart.gif
riki
I am so sorry. He is a member of the family and we do not let go of family easily.

Back