Webervations Price Increase

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Well just received my email - price increase of 55% for my # of rooms.... I expected a price increase but WOW!
omg_smile.gif
Wish I could raise MY room rates even 5% but not in my market!
sad_smile.gif

Didn't get anything yet...can you post a new rate schedule? We have 9 rooms.

Webervations 1.0
[tr]Number of rooms[/td] Monthly price *[/td] [/tr] [tr] 1-4[/td] $8.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 5-9[/td] $10.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 10-19[/td] $13.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 20-29[/td] $18.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 30-39[/td] $24.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 40-49[/td] $34.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 50-74[/td] $49.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 75-99[/td] $69.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 100-199[/td] $99.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 200-299[/td] $149.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 300+[/td] $199.99[/td][/tr][/table]
Includes the following features:
  • Reservation requests
  • Real-time reservations
  • Availability calendars
  • Display your availability on group web sites
  • Automatic availability uploads from your GMS / PMS
  • Custom messages
  • Email notification of new reservations
  • Integrates with major statistics programs
  • Sell gift certificates
  • Last minute specials
  • Up sale items / add on packages
  • Free phone support
  • Free email support
* Receive a 5% discount if you pre-pay for a year of service.
Webervations 2.0
(new Webervations)
[tr]Number of rooms[/td] Monthly
price *[/td] [/tr] [tr] 1-4[/td] $14.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 5-9[/td] $19.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 10-19[/td] $29.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 20-29[/td] $39.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 30-39[/td] $49.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 40-49[/td] $74.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 50-74[/td] $99.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 75-99[/td] $124.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 100-199[/td] $199.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 200-299[/td] $249.99[/td] [/tr] [tr] 300+[/td] $299.99[/td][/tr][/table]
Includes all of the Webervations 1.0 features, plus:
  • State of the art booking engine
  • Add additional photographs to the booking engine
  • Sell bookable packages
  • Multiple night discounts & multiple rate plans
  • Full guest management system
  • Multiple user access rights
  • View detailed statistics
  • Guest history & guest notes
  • Customizable emails and letters
  • Create guest lists by interests, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
  • Accounting, occupancy, marketing, sales, and housekeeping reports
  • Business & system reports
  • Multiple children rates
  • Multiple property types
  • Group units into reporting classes
  • Thursday / Sunday priced at weekend rate option
  • Reduce minimum stay if it cannot be met option
  • Share information with buddy inns
* Receive a 5% discount if you pre-pay for a year of service.

have you noticed that the way to make pricing 'more palatable' is to show it in terms of 'monthly'? (not speaking of webervations) i recently balked at a membership fee increase for something and the sales pitch immediately changed to 'surely you can afford $xx a month. and 'at $xx a month, you can't afford NOT to (be a member) (subscribe)'

So are they offering 2.0 to us now? I really really wanted 2.0 as 1.0 only allows booking ONE ROOM AT A TIME and it horrible for those who want to book 2 or more inputting all the same info again and again.
If John B pops on, please fill us in. Have you tweaked 2.0 and rereleased it to us now?

have you noticed that the way to make pricing 'more palatable' is to show it in terms of 'monthly'? (not speaking of webervations) i recently balked at a membership fee increase for something and the sales pitch immediately changed to 'surely you can afford $xx a month. and 'at $xx a month, you can't afford NOT to (be a member) (subscribe)'.
seashanty said:
have you noticed that the way to make pricing 'more palatable' is to show it in terms of 'monthly'? (not speaking of webervations) i recently balked at a membership fee increase for something and the sales pitch immediately changed to 'surely you can afford $xx a month. and 'at $xx a month, you can't afford NOT to (be a member) (subscribe)'
This is becoming the norm I'm afraid. It doesn't make it any less painful.

Our association used to have a group rate with Webervations through end of October this year, but after some membership discussion about where Weber's going, their rate increases (even for large groups) and if it will be around in the next couple of years decided to break off and let the members pay themselves or switch to something else. I amwith Webervations and my renewal date is 03/2010, but once next March rolls around I am going to switch over to Availability Online. Functions mostly the same as Weber, but I get the feeling that since BedandBreakfast.com owns both RezOvation and Webervations, the latter being Eric's most recent acquisition, that Webervations will be phased out and people will have to choose RezOvation or some other software.

Our association used to have a group rate with Webervations through end of October this year, but after some membership discussion about where Weber's going, their rate increases (even for large groups) and if it will be around in the next couple of years decided to break off and let the members pay themselves or switch to something else. I amwith Webervations and my renewal date is 03/2010, but once next March rolls around I am going to switch over to Availability Online. Functions mostly the same as Weber, but I get the feeling that since BedandBreakfast.com owns both RezOvation and Webervations, the latter being Eric's most recent acquisition, that Webervations will be phased out and people will have to choose RezOvation or some other software..
Does avail online have live reservations now or just requests? That was the issue with them in the past.

Our association used to have a group rate with Webervations through end of October this year, but after some membership discussion about where Weber's going, their rate increases (even for large groups) and if it will be around in the next couple of years decided to break off and let the members pay themselves or switch to something else. I amwith Webervations and my renewal date is 03/2010, but once next March rolls around I am going to switch over to Availability Online. Functions mostly the same as Weber, but I get the feeling that since BedandBreakfast.com owns both RezOvation and Webervations, the latter being Eric's most recent acquisition, that Webervations will be phased out and people will have to choose RezOvation or some other software..
Does avail online have live reservations now or just requests? That was the issue with them in the past.
Hi Joey,
The most recent infornation I have is that A.O. Premium members will soon be able to have the room removed from inventory when the guest submits their request.
My weber account removes the room from my inventory but I have to accept the reservation and send the automated confirmation. Which is how I prefer it, and Availability Online works the same way.
Hope that helps.

Hey guys, these prices were put out almost a year ago. They have been up on the site since late 2008 I believe, and we have sent out several emails to every Weber user.
I believe we talked about this earlier in the year, but we have no plans to phase out Webervations. On the contrary, we've done a ton of work on the back-end, we put together a new custom association building tool, linked it to the BB.com online res program, fixed all kinds of bugs, fixed issues with analytics tracking, put in all new data security and encryption, installed Verisign and HackerSafe, are doing a full Level 1 PCI audit on it, and in general have really invested in the product all-around.
Webervations 2.0 is next. We have already done pretty extensive user feedback on what is there/working right now. already slashed the pricing on it to well below where it used to be (although we are not billing anyone for it right now), and we plan to have it out of beta soon. There will also be some other pricing cuts on Weber products soon and some more enhanced features announced next week... stay tuned.
I'm happy to compare the 1.0 product to our competitors if anyone would like to contact me offline. I don't want to be seen as speaking badly about someone else's product, but I stand by our product and improvements to Webervations. We feel that Webervations has more features, security, connectivity, and is more efficient for innkeepers to use, still at a lower price that a competitive product like AO premium (but of course you expect me to say that... I'm happy to demonstrate it).

I stand by webervations.
I would like to see a little more functionality since I have 1.0, but it does the trick and I am happy with it. Multiple rooms is my only desire at this time, nothing flashy. I will stay the course.

I stand by webervations.
I would like to see a little more functionality since I have 1.0, but it does the trick and I am happy with it. Multiple rooms is my only desire at this time, nothing flashy. I will stay the course..
Joey Bloggs said:
I stand by webervations.
I would like to see a little more functionality since I have 1.0, but it does the trick and I am happy with it. Multiple rooms is my only desire at this time, nothing flashy. I will stay the course.
Thanks, I like the idea of multiple rooms. We actually allow for that on Rezo, but surprisingly few companies do. Even big sites like Expedia don't really have good support for it. You can see how it works on Rezo here:
http://www.thehillcountryinn.com/
Interestingly enough though - hardly any consumers use it. We spent a lot of time to build it, but we don't see many requests for multiple rooms. It is one of those things we thought was so cool on Rezo, and I wish I could say that it was used more because I do think it is really neat. Certainly for folks who do need to book two rooms it saves a lot of time an energy...

Hey guys, these prices were put out almost a year ago. They have been up on the site since late 2008 I believe, and we have sent out several emails to every Weber user.
I believe we talked about this earlier in the year, but we have no plans to phase out Webervations. On the contrary, we've done a ton of work on the back-end, we put together a new custom association building tool, linked it to the BB.com online res program, fixed all kinds of bugs, fixed issues with analytics tracking, put in all new data security and encryption, installed Verisign and HackerSafe, are doing a full Level 1 PCI audit on it, and in general have really invested in the product all-around.
Webervations 2.0 is next. We have already done pretty extensive user feedback on what is there/working right now. already slashed the pricing on it to well below where it used to be (although we are not billing anyone for it right now), and we plan to have it out of beta soon. There will also be some other pricing cuts on Weber products soon and some more enhanced features announced next week... stay tuned.
I'm happy to compare the 1.0 product to our competitors if anyone would like to contact me offline. I don't want to be seen as speaking badly about someone else's product, but I stand by our product and improvements to Webervations. We feel that Webervations has more features, security, connectivity, and is more efficient for innkeepers to use, still at a lower price that a competitive product like AO premium (but of course you expect me to say that... I'm happy to demonstrate it)..
All good to hear, John.
I still find Webervations to be a good value and appreciate the improved security.
When I'm asked to recommend an online reservation system, I still recommend Webervations as first choice for its ease of use and value.
But like most folks, I'm also looking forward to trying out 2.0 when it's released.

I'm happy to compare the 1.0 product to our competitors if anyone would like to contact me offline. I don't want to be seen as speaking badly about someone else's product, but I stand by our product and improvements to Webervations. We feel that Webervations has more features, security, connectivity, and is more efficient for innkeepers to use, still at a lower price that a competitive product like AO premium (but of course you expect me to say that... I'm happy to demonstrate it)..
All good to hear, John.
I still find Webervations to be a good value and appreciate the improved security.
When I'm asked to recommend an online reservation system, I still recommend Webervations as first choice for its ease of use and value.
But like most folks, I'm also looking forward to trying out 2.0 when it's released.
Innkeeper To Go said:
All good to hear, John.
Thanks, that is nice to hear. We are excited about it as well. Quite frankly it would have been out right now in production form had it not been for some nagging credit card processing issues which seem to have become my full-time job. We have those mostly taken care of and it will not be long before we feel that 2.0 is going to be ready for more widespread usage. Current users will see more info on this as early as January.

Also, here is the link to the thread on this forum from last year when we announced the pricing. It was Feb. 13 to be exact: https://www.innspiring.com/node/2530.

I stand by webervations.
I would like to see a little more functionality since I have 1.0, but it does the trick and I am happy with it. Multiple rooms is my only desire at this time, nothing flashy. I will stay the course..
Webervations 2.0 does handle multiple rooms. It's easier for guests and it's easier for me when I enter a telephone reservation for multiple rooms.

I find Webervations to be the answer for small inns such as myself. I find the price to be very fair. Looking forward to 2.0 and hope there will not be a huge learning curve!!
Riki

I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?

I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?.
knerrsotb said:
I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?
Good question, and welcome to Innspiring. Webervations is generally used in conjunction with a separate credit card processing system (either computer based or just using a credit card terminal that dials out through your phone line. I believe there was or is an option for having Webervations actually process them but I don't think many people used it. John probably has more info on that.

Back