Webervations Processing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banana

Reaction score
Hi All! I've been lurking around here for quite some time, and have never taken the time to introduce myself. I own a small (4 rooms) B&B on the Gulf Coast, Texas, am about six years into it. I do it myself, no husband, no staff and still enjoy it for the most part :)
I looked through old posts for help with this, but couldn't find any info on the new Webervations CC Processing (maybe it's not so new?). I've been with the same company since I opened and while not always pleased with them, I figured it was more of a hassle to switch to someone else. I use Webervations for my reservations and have been wondering about switching to them. Can anyone that uses them share their experience? Thanks!

Welcome am glad you are here.
welcome.gif

A few have taken on the processing and will be able to tell you more, I have switched to ReservationKey this year, and am not willing to upset the apple cart for my cc processing as I have it all in place and it works fine. I agree it is a huge hassle to switch at this late in the game unless it saved you a ton of money.
I wanted to note also, that I do not like having everything inclusive, I like to maintain control, esp of the money aspect in this business, redundancy is important to me. I will say I won't ever put all my eggs in one basket. "Stuff happens."

Welcome! Glad you came out of hiding!
While I can not give you any info on the Webervations processing I can tell you it is a good thing to keep your eyes open on this front. I do not let myself fall victim to each random call I get regarding processing but I do check with others periodically to make sure my rates and fees are not out of range. If changing, you must take into account any changeover fees, possible new equipment needs and the conditions of the new contract.
For the most part what I have found are that most wiegh out about the same....some charging more % while less on fees while others are the reverse. The MAIN thing is service... If you have a problem, are they there? Are you kept on hold way too long?
I think you will find several threads on the general topic with several recommendations. Again, it is not unwise to keep an eye on the new trends, you may find one that is far better than you current processor. NOTE: Some companies ask you to submit a couple of your previous statements so they can do the comparison. I do not do this, in fact I find it an unethical practice.

welcome.gif
Glad to have you aboard!.
Thanks all, for the warm welcome! I should have made introductions long ago - I enjoy reading all your wit and wisdom.
regular_smile.gif

Banana said:
Thanks all, for the warm welcome! I should have made introductions long ago - I enjoy reading all your wit and wisdom.
regular_smile.gif
(and sorry for everything else besides wit and wisdom, we can't help ourselves sometimes!)
cry_smile.gif

I use the intuit (quickbooks) processing through REzovation and it is the same service that is available to webervations.
I am very happy with it and enjoy the automated part of the processing where the deposit is already taken as soon as they make the reservation, then we swipe their card for the balance when they arrive. It works quite well. I'm not certain specifically of how it ties in with webervations, but I imagine it is pretty similar.

I use the intuit (quickbooks) processing through REzovation and it is the same service that is available to webervations.
I am very happy with it and enjoy the automated part of the processing where the deposit is already taken as soon as they make the reservation, then we swipe their card for the balance when they arrive. It works quite well. I'm not certain specifically of how it ties in with webervations, but I imagine it is pretty similar..
swirt said:
I am very happy with it and enjoy the automated part of the processing where the deposit is already taken as soon as they make the reservation, then we swipe their card for the balance when they arrive. It works quite well. I'm not certain specifically of how it ties in with webervations, but I imagine it is pretty similar.
It is basically identical in Webervations. It is lodging-certified, works with a swiper to get swiped rates, and so-on. The only difference is that Webervations was never built with any real invoicing functionality. As I'm sure you know Swirt, you can do quite a bit with payments, receipts, deposits, confirmations, folios, etc. through Rezo GT. A lot of that functionality just doesn't exist in Webervations 1.0 and never will - it will in 2.0, but not in 1.0. But Webervations 1.0 still has more functionality than just a stand-alone cc machine and is much more integrated. It isn't the cadillac of cc processing to be sure, but it is a pretty good basic option that has a lot of time-saving benefits over a stand-alone.

Back