Webervations request from web designer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
I've set up a lot of sites with Webervations and there is one thing that bothers me so I am hoping by spouting off about it I might get John and his crew to solve this situtation.
The problem is that at some point, when I am done building/remaking a site, I need to make webervations look like the rest of the site. It can be done, and is not that bad a process, but in the end I have to have the innkeeper give me the username and password for their webervations account. I DON'T want access to that info contained in webervations, nor should I have access to it. Credit card data and names and addresses etc are all there.
Now as an innkeeper I understand the sensitive nature of that data and keep my nose out of it, but I can't help but think of all the other designers that aren't exclusive to the B&B industry that at some point have to be given access to this (or simply don't bother to customize the look ..something I think is a mistake). It would be nice for the innkeeper's piece of mind if they could create a secondary login that they could give to their web designer that would only give them access to items related to appearance of the interface, calendar id #'s, colors, template etc. That way the innkeeper could also be in control of revoking/changing that secondary account to remove a person's access if they have falling out with their web person.
For all users of webervations, under the current set-up, you will have have to give your webervations account info to your web person, but please do it for a limited time (like only a few days) and then change the username and password. You don't want designers hanging on to current account info. It is like changing the locks. Give them access to get in and make the changes, then change the locks.

I agree with you. however, many of my clients want me to actually set up their webervations for them because they know as an innkeeper who used WebervatIons understand how to set it up properly. Then I give them some training. I realize I am in the minority! I never "remember" the username and password anyway and I don't save it. If I have to go back later, I usually end up asking for it again. I realize you and I are the minority and the folks I work with KNOW me and TRUST me:) And I keep that trust.

I agree with you. however, many of my clients want me to actually set up their webervations for them because they know as an innkeeper who used WebervatIons understand how to set it up properly. Then I give them some training. I realize I am in the minority! I never "remember" the username and password anyway and I don't save it. If I have to go back later, I usually end up asking for it again. I realize you and I are the minority and the folks I work with KNOW me and TRUST me:) And I keep that trust..
Still...can you imagine if someone's card got used inappropriately and then the card owner blamed the inn and the inn then blamed the web designer....I don't ever want that to even be a possibility. It's impossible to prove that you didn't do something.

One other feature request I forgot is that Webervations has this nice feature where you put in your designer's email address and it will send the designer the link code. It would be very helpful if it would also send the calendar and summary calendar codes at the same time. Right now you have to go to separate pages and generate the code and copy and paste the various code to mail to your designer. It's a bit cumbersome and the innkeeper rarely gets the copy and paste right the first time (some of the code is in a form so it doesn't copy and paste with the directions).
(Note to point out that this is not something BandB.com designed...this was part of the system they inherited ... just asking them to improve it to make it easier for designers and innkeepers)

I agree with you. however, many of my clients want me to actually set up their webervations for them because they know as an innkeeper who used WebervatIons understand how to set it up properly. Then I give them some training. I realize I am in the minority! I never "remember" the username and password anyway and I don't save it. If I have to go back later, I usually end up asking for it again. I realize you and I are the minority and the folks I work with KNOW me and TRUST me:) And I keep that trust..
Still...can you imagine if someone's card got used inappropriately and then the card owner blamed the inn and the inn then blamed the web designer....I don't ever want that to even be a possibility. It's impossible to prove that you didn't do something.
Oh yes I agree! I don't want to have anything to do with their credit cards

John will be back in the saddle on Monday and can answer your questions in this area.
Meanwhile, I did get some good news and some bad news about the status of a mobile version of Webervations. The good news is that one actually exists -- it's pretty basic, but should be helpful. The bad news, is that after doing some preliminary checking and tweaking, it doesn't work. We think that it may have been roughed out at some point but never really finished or tested. It's now on the list, and we'll keep you posted.
The other comment was about the checkbox for inn policies. I was told that "if an innkeeper has the check marked in the “Require the guest to check a box that they have read your Policies?” box then it’s impossible to by pass this and still make a reservation request/confirmed reservation." Given that, we have no plans to fix what isn't broken!
regular_smile.gif

As for Rezo GT – on top of the existing Rezo mobile web version, we are planning on building a very lightweight version of our BE availability calendar (www.thehillcountryinn.com – click the button for ”view availability calendar” to view a demo) that will format nicely on an iPhone or similar device. Also, Rezo GTO can be used on an iPhone if you buy the LogMeIn iPhone app, which is I believe is a $30 one-time fee. LogMeIn is also beta testing a BlackBerry version right now. So really we are talking about three different things:
  • Access your booking engine / book a reservation using RGT mobile -- available now for BE users
  • Access your availability calendar using RGT mobile -- coming soon for BE users – probably summer
  • Access Rezo GT through your iPhone / BlackBerry (the whole thing – including customer list, reservations, availability, configuration) – available for RezOvation GTO users only; now in beta, available in June
Hope this helps!
Sandy

John will be back in the saddle on Monday and can answer your questions in this area.
Meanwhile, I did get some good news and some bad news about the status of a mobile version of Webervations. The good news is that one actually exists -- it's pretty basic, but should be helpful. The bad news, is that after doing some preliminary checking and tweaking, it doesn't work. We think that it may have been roughed out at some point but never really finished or tested. It's now on the list, and we'll keep you posted.
The other comment was about the checkbox for inn policies. I was told that "if an innkeeper has the check marked in the “Require the guest to check a box that they have read your Policies?” box then it’s impossible to by pass this and still make a reservation request/confirmed reservation." Given that, we have no plans to fix what isn't broken!
regular_smile.gif

As for Rezo GT – on top of the existing Rezo mobile web version, we are planning on building a very lightweight version of our BE availability calendar (www.thehillcountryinn.com – click the button for ”view availability calendar” to view a demo) that will format nicely on an iPhone or similar device. Also, Rezo GTO can be used on an iPhone if you buy the LogMeIn iPhone app, which is I believe is a $30 one-time fee. LogMeIn is also beta testing a BlackBerry version right now. So really we are talking about three different things:
  • Access your booking engine / book a reservation using RGT mobile -- available now for BE users
  • Access your availability calendar using RGT mobile -- coming soon for BE users – probably summer
  • Access Rezo GT through your iPhone / BlackBerry (the whole thing – including customer list, reservations, availability, configuration) – available for RezOvation GTO users only; now in beta, available in June
Hope this helps!
Sandy
Thanks Sandy, that helps.

Back