WebReserv issues

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
just heard from my kid at home. (I'm at work.) He got a call that a person tried to make a reservation on our WebReserv system and got a blank screen. Kid called WebReserv and they said they'd made some changes yesterday. Interestingly, we have only one reservation for this weekend when we are generally booked.
Anyone else having issues?

I don't think I know anyone else that uses that system. Most here use weber v a ti on s or Reservation Key

I am using the free version of WebReserv for my boat rental business, but we've come to the end our season so I haven't been using it much lately.
I just logged in and noted a message "Reminder: Important Service Announcement – Maintenance Monday October 14 - Tuesday October 15" -- I think they are done with their migration now, though.

Well this is another change I can foresee you making. Trust the innkeepers on this one, there are programs GEARED to your INN, vs a hotel. Reservationkey is one, reznexxus, webervations, etc.
ask the hubs to login here and get the gist if you want, that would probably be his area of expertise for the biz? You cannot PAY for the advice you get here for free, and the comradery.

Well this is another change I can foresee you making. Trust the innkeepers on this one, there are programs GEARED to your INN, vs a hotel. Reservationkey is one, reznexxus, webervations, etc.
ask the hubs to login here and get the gist if you want, that would probably be his area of expertise for the biz? You cannot PAY for the advice you get here for free, and the comradery..
We were referred to webreserve by innkeepers in our town. We belong to an innkeepers' association that includes dozens of other innkeepers. Our town doesn't even have a hotel, but it is a tourist destination, so inns are big.
We like it. What types of features should we be looking for that is geared toward inns vs hotels?
And I do put stock in what y'all say. that's why I'm here! :)

We don't need to convince you, if you are in an assoc and they all use it then you should use it. Each inn has its own world that they need to conform to, chances are you get a discount from using it with the rest of the group, and referrals.
Majority of us here aren't destinations, and do our own thing, so it is the best bang for our buck and customer service. It has been built for our needs specifically.

ask the hubs to login here and get the gist if you want, that would probably be his area of expertise for the biz? You cannot PAY for the advice you get here for free, and the comradery..
We were referred to webreserve by innkeepers in our town. We belong to an innkeepers' association that includes dozens of other innkeepers. Our town doesn't even have a hotel, but it is a tourist destination, so inns are big.
We like it. What types of features should we be looking for that is geared toward inns vs hotels?
TheBeachHouse said:
They have added soooo many features since I signed up - see he actually LISTENS wen innkeepers ask, "could it do this?" "could it do that?"
  • Imagine my surprise to wake up to and e-mail asking to be put on my waiting list. I did not KNOW I had a waiting list form. It had been added because it had been asked for by innkeepers. (I have gotten 3 room nights so far because of that feature - they were either same day which I do not allow to book online or I had the rooms blocked due to me leaving town. Each time I WAS able to take the rez.)
  • Booking add-ons
  • booking packages
  • Tax reports
  • Calculating taxes
  • Auto responses that I have written (and can update personalized) and sent when I determine they should be sent
  • Housekeeping reports and many others
  • Guests can book one room, several rooms, several reservations (as in come to town once a month for several months) all AT THE SAME TINE in one reservation.
  • IF you need to move a room you can easily do a change with this system
  • compare usage of individual rooms
There are soooo many things this system can do - and the PRICE is VERY reasonable!! I am cheap. One reservation in my best room almost pays for it for a year.

We don't need to convince you, if you are in an assoc and they all use it then you should use it. Each inn has its own world that they need to conform to, chances are you get a discount from using it with the rest of the group, and referrals.
Majority of us here aren't destinations, and do our own thing, so it is the best bang for our buck and customer service. It has been built for our needs specifically..
but what features do you mean when you say for inns specifically as opposed to hotels?

Majority of us here aren't destinations, and do our own thing, so it is the best bang for our buck and customer service. It has been built for our needs specifically..
but what features do you mean when you say for inns specifically as opposed to hotels?
Add-ons (flowers, candy, etc)
Waiting list
Hotels are massive, RezKey is geared for smaller properties, collecting only the data that we need (and we can set up fields that would be specific to OUR operations, not a one-size fits all template.

The best thing to do is to view it yourself on some of our websites and see the photos, packages, links, etc that are included at no extra charge. I think you know who a few of us are so check out JB, Gillum, Arky, mine (you can e-mail me through the contact on this forum if you don't know who I am).
Who else is using ResKey out there?

The best thing to do is to view it yourself on some of our websites and see the photos, packages, links, etc that are included at no extra charge. I think you know who a few of us are so check out JB, Gillum, Arky, mine (you can e-mail me through the contact on this forum if you don't know who I am).
Who else is using ResKey out there?.
Technical question - can you create reports with the innkeeper side of this software? Occ, referral reports, outstanding gift cards, tax collection?

Technical question - can you create reports with the innkeeper side of this software? Occ, referral reports, outstanding gift cards, tax collection?
Madeleine said:
Occ = yes
outstanding gift cards = yes (I LOVE the Gift certificate part of the program. Purchaser buys it immediately and prints it up themselves or e-mails the link to the recipient)
Tax Collection = yes
Not sure what referral reports are.

A feature that's really useful is that you can keep track of Anniversaries, birthdays, etc so that in the future you can target those folks with a special or card, etc.

Madeleine said:
yes.

you mean res key or the other? Res Key Yes.

Madeleine said:
Occ = yes
outstanding gift cards = yes (I LOVE the Gift certificate part of the program. Purchaser buys it immediately and prints it up themselves or e-mails the link to the recipient)
Tax Collection = yes
Breakfast Nemo said:
Where your referrals come from.
I'm thinking of changing providers and am looking for one that does what mine does on the accounting side (all the monetary reports back as far as I want to go, tax reports, what pkgs were purchased, that sort of thing) and all the guest stuff (number of times a guest has stayed, sort by country, state, city, guest search by name, phone, email).
I should just go look at the demo online.

Madeleine said:
Occ = yes
Tax Collection = yes
Breakfast Nemo said:
Where your referrals come from.
I'm thinking of changing providers and am looking for one that does what mine does on the accounting side (all the monetary reports back as far as I want to go, tax reports, what pkgs were purchased, that sort of thing) and all the guest stuff (number of times a guest has stayed, sort by country, state, city, guest search by name, phone, email).
I should just go look at the demo online.
It's a little lacking in a few areas, i.e. packages/add-ons. It will report the add-ons, but they are all mixed together. You can't do a report for a specific package or add-on. They're all lumped together in the time frame you tell it.
For repeat guests, you can consolidate their reservations, but you need to know that they are repeats and do it manually. I added a box on the reservation form which is a mandatory question "Have you stayed with us before?" and they have to click the "yes" or "no". When they click yes, I have it search for their previous reservation and consolidate it.
It's not as comprehensive as what I had in ResOvation, but it's good enough and the look and cost are far better.

Back