Website changes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- mobile-optimized site
- update photos
- add interactive reservation request form (tied to terms and conditions)
- add a blog
wait, what was the time-frame allowed for all this work? ;-).
My list, too.
Mobile is a big one. Already have some of the small-screen format, but navigation is clunky, must fix.
About 1/3 of customers are finding us on a mobile device.

You may want to get rid of the FLASH stuff and do it with J Query script.. You may want to consider buying EASY ROTATOR. It is easy to use and it creates JQuery slide show as alternate to FLASH..
catlady said:
You may want to get rid of the FLASH stuff and do it with J Query script.. You may want to consider buying EASY ROTATOR. It is easy to use and it creates JQuery slide show as alternate to FLASH.
Just installed Easy Rotator and it works great and the images change and work on my iPhone exactly as they do on the desktop. I see it even supports touch navigation (swiping with the finger on a tablet or phone). Excellent. Thanks.

You may want to get rid of the FLASH stuff and do it with J Query script.. You may want to consider buying EASY ROTATOR. It is easy to use and it creates JQuery slide show as alternate to FLASH..
catlady said:
You may want to get rid of the FLASH stuff and do it with J Query script.. You may want to consider buying EASY ROTATOR. It is easy to use and it creates JQuery slide show as alternate to FLASH.
Just installed Easy Rotator and it works great and the images change and work on my iPhone exactly as they do on the desktop. I see it even supports touch navigation (swiping with the finger on a tablet or phone). Excellent. Thanks.
Glad it works for you :) I see you have twentyeleven for your wordpress blog. Easy isn't it?

catlady said:
Glad it works for you :) I see you have twentyeleven for your wordpress blog. Easy isn't it?
catlady said:
It was easy enough. Took a little more than the "famous five minute install" they talked about because they didn't come right out and tell me up front that all the files get installed at the website, not on my local computer, so I spent time looking for "setup.exe" and such, but once I figured that out yes, it was easy!
I looked at lots of their templates but ended up liking the clean look of the default twentyeleven more than the others. I guess that's why they picked it as the default!

catlady said:
catlady said:
It was easy enough. Took a little more than the "famous five minute install" they talked about because they didn't come right out and tell me up front that all the files get installed at the website, not on my local computer, so I spent time looking for "setup.exe" and such, but once I figured that out yes, it was easy!
I looked at lots of their templates but ended up liking the clean look of the default twentyeleven more than the others. I guess that's why they picked it as the default!
Arkansawyer said:
catlady said:
cheers.gif

I have to say you have me hook line and sinker, I have tweeted your article. Your room comparison speaks volumes, you have found a wonderful creative avenue for your new venture, well done Arkie!

catlady said:
catlady said:
Kudos to you and your sister, you are a family economic development package. That downtown really needs your help. I hope things start to boom because of you two.:)

catlady said:
catlady said:
Kudos to you and your sister, you are a family economic development package. That downtown really needs your help. I hope things start to boom because of you two.:)
Joey Bloggs wrote:
Your room comparison speaks volumes, you have found a wonderful creative avenue for your new venture, well done Arkie!
catlady wrote:
That downtown really needs your help. I hope things start to boom because of you two.
Thanks folks! I have to be careful with the blog as I tend to get verbose and have to work to keep it short and to the point.
Interesting that you mention a boom downtown catlady. Our nearest big town, Jonesboro with population about 70,000, has seen a huge downtown revitalization, not with government money but with $50 million in private investment in the last 10 years, and it's all credited to one man who went to main street, which was nothing but boarded up buildings a dozen years ago, and opened a top-notch restaurant with the first alcohol permit in town (outside their Holiday Inn out on the bypass).
His success at pulling people back downtown, and the atmosphere of dining in a restored old store building, sparked a boom that's still going on today, with the opening of expensive loft apartments, stores, clubs and more restaurants.
I don't expect that to happen here, of course. We're 1/10th their size, but I think we're going to make it better. A lot better, over time. My main challenge is dragging the city council along for the ride, because they're mainly just interested in keeping things going like they always have been, looking only at the present and not the future. We'll see.

catlady said:
catlady said:
Joey Bloggs wrote:
Your room comparison speaks volumes, you have found a wonderful creative avenue for your new venture, well done Arkie!
catlady wrote:
That downtown really needs your help. I hope things start to boom because of you two.
Thanks folks! I have to be careful with the blog as I tend to get verbose and have to work to keep it short and to the point.
Interesting that you mention a boom downtown catlady. Our nearest big town, Jonesboro with population about 70,000, has seen a huge downtown revitalization, not with government money but with $50 million in private investment in the last 10 years, and it's all credited to one man who went to main street, which was nothing but boarded up buildings a dozen years ago, and opened a top-notch restaurant with the first alcohol permit in town (outside their Holiday Inn out on the bypass).
His success at pulling people back downtown, and the atmosphere of dining in a restored old store building, sparked a boom that's still going on today, with the opening of expensive loft apartments, stores, clubs and more restaurants.
I don't expect that to happen here, of course. We're 1/10th their size, but I think we're going to make it better. A lot better, over time. My main challenge is dragging the city council along for the ride, because they're mainly just interested in keeping things going like they always have been, looking only at the present and not the future. We'll see.
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs wrote:
catlady wrote:
It is surprising what can be done by one person with the passion to do something. My City Manager believed me when we talked on the rail-trail. Once she became City Manager she dragged the Council behind her, convincing them that we could do what we set out to do, assembled a cadre of willing slaves volunteers, built an office full of brains who could write grants, and we are on the move. (she keeps giving me credit - but THEY had to be willing to make the seeds that were planted grow. An alien could never have done it.) We have 2 capital campaigns at the ready - raising $100k for the match for our band shell and then raising about $5 million for our Community Multi-purpose Building. We have 6 new businesses in town and another in the works. We just got a grant for $11k for a feasibility study to buy a huge old building in the center of town and turn it into a business incubator. Yes, I firmly believe you WILL succeed in revitalizing your town.

Back