Website floor plan

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's try this again (with Swirt's coaching in place).
New floor plan.
Comments requested.
One piece I need help with...for some reason, if you click on the floor plan you get bumped back to the home page. Making that stop would be helpful. Any advice welcome..
Looks good! The mouse over feature is really nice. I still think that you need to re-name "living room" on the plan so that it's clear that it's a common area...I keep thinking that it's part of a guest room when I look at it quickly. Also, where is the dining room?? I'd want to know that. Where do I go to eat my breakfast? Just some thoughts....
I can't fix anything that is on the floor plan. Maybe I can figure out how to put 'common' on top of the floor plan pic. Likewise 'dining room'. What I wanted to do was just show where the guest bedrooms are. And really, I did the whole thing just to show the guests in the one room just how close the detached bath is!
Because the dining room isn't near/under/above any guest rooms, I left it out.

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
One piece I need help with...for some reason, if you click on the floor plan you get bumped back to the home page. Making that stop would be helpful. Any advice welcome..
Looks good! The mouse over feature is really nice. I still think that you need to re-name "living room" on the plan so that it's clear that it's a common area...I keep thinking that it's part of a guest room when I look at it quickly. Also, where is the dining room?? I'd want to know that. Where do I go to eat my breakfast? Just some thoughts....
Samster said:
I love it, it turned out great. I agree with Samster, the main reason "living room" is throwing me, is their is a guest room called PARLOR room which is next to the living room. SO first glance makes me think common rooms, then I see the bed and think, oh living room is connected to one of the rooms like a suite.
This is the benefit of us not having been there and trying to visual what you have to offer. I love the pics flashing up like that! Well done!

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
Samster said:
I love it, it turned out great. I agree with Samster, the main reason "living room" is throwing me, is their is a guest room called PARLOR room which is next to the living room. SO first glance makes me think common rooms, then I see the bed and think, oh living room is connected to one of the rooms like a suite.
This is the benefit of us not having been there and trying to visual what you have to offer. I love the pics flashing up like that! Well done!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I love the pics flashing up like that! Well done!
All kudos go to Swirt. All I did was fill in the blanks...
A little birdie emailed me my floor plan with 'common room' replacing 'living room'. Will try to update that today and see how it works.

I like the floor plan! I always try to find out where the room is located when we book a room. It's neat too that you can see the picture when you scroll across the name!

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
There are two ways around the clicking leading to the home page. The easiest is to make the each of the href="" become href="#" That will designate it as the page it is currently on. The longer method but more technically correct would be to also specify an onClick event that is just return false.

Great Job ! I personally like to see as much as possible when looking for accommodations. Really like the floor plan

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
There are two ways around the clicking leading to the home page. The easiest is to make the each of the href="" become href="#" That will designate it as the page it is currently on. The longer method but more technically correct would be to also specify an onClick event that is just return false.
swirt said:
Thx!
The return false would mean it doesn't do anything when you click?

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
swirt said:
Thx!
the href="#" will keep it from jumping to a new page if somebody clicks on it

I like it. mouseover works and pictures change.
None of your beds have a footboard. I love it. I hate making a bed with footboards. Am working to get rid of all foot boards.

None of your beds have a footboard. I love it. I hate making a bed with footboards. Am working to get rid of all foot boards..
hawley said:
None of your beds have a footboard. I love it. I hate making a bed with footboards. Am working to get rid of all foot boards.
The rooms are too small for footboards! And it does help with the cleaning part and when we get guests who are on the tall side.
We have one guest who always takes the same room (queen bed) even tho we have a king bed. He is so tall he puts a pillow on the luggage rack at the foot of the bed for a place to rest his feet.

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
swirt said:
Thx!
This is totally weird. Today when I click on the rooms it just refreshes the floor plan page but does not pop to the home page. I can see in the link bar where it is going to go before I click and it now shows that it will go to the floor plan page. Before it just had the website with no page.
I'd rather it did nothing so I'm putting in the 'onClick' command.

OK, one last try...thanks to El who edited the photo for me so it now reads 'Common Room'. Sorry, Samster, no dining room on this one, either. When/if you click instead of mousing (?) the clicking does nothing. If it does something, let me know.
Thanks to all my buds here who help so much!

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
swirt said:
Thx!
This is totally weird. Today when I click on the rooms it just refreshes the floor plan page but does not pop to the home page. I can see in the link bar where it is going to go before I click and it now shows that it will go to the floor plan page. Before it just had the website with no page.
Nice work with adding the onClick="return false;" To get it near perfect I would also include the # in the href. That way it won't give the impression in the status bar that it is going to jump to the home page. It will give the impression that it is going to keep you on the page you are on.

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
swirt said:
Thx!
Nice work with adding the onClick="return false;" To get it near perfect I would also include the # in the href. That way it won't give the impression in the status bar that it is going to jump to the home page. It will give the impression that it is going to keep you on the page you are on.
swirt said:
Are you seeing in the status bar that it would jump to the home page? That's what I had 2 days ago. NOW, I see that it will stay on the same page. This is in Firefox.

New floor plan.
Comments requested.
swirt said:
Thx!
swirt said:
Are you seeing in the status bar that it would jump to the home page? That's what I had 2 days ago. NOW, I see that it will stay on the same page. This is in Firefox.
Yah, its and odd quirk. IE doesn't look at href="" as pointing to the current page while FF does. FF is more "correct" in its implementation, but that doesn't do anything for the millions still using IE. However making it href="#" will make them both see it as pointing to the current page. It is a very minor thing and I'd put it off until you have some spare time LOL

Back