Website home page - gone from “reasonable” to “irresistible”

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
From Landing Page Makeover - it is not about a B&B website, but it is about websites...so for that it applies:
Full article here
Just One Typo Can Rob You of Credibility and Cash
You’ve just gone from “reasonable” to “irresistible” with a provocative headline that resonates emotionally with the visitor.
#3 — Invite your visitors to take your video tour from the get-go.[/h3]You already have a nice little video, yet you’ve basically hidden it from view. Slap it on your homepage and do a voice-over track. I found watching the material without a guiding voice unnerving.
Your voice-over would allow you to expand on the action in the video and highlight those areas of greater interest.
Don’t hide the good stuff. Warm it up and share it.
JB says - Saw these words of wisdom and thought about our own websites, do we have a catch/tag line to draw folks into our sites? Like I always say... you need to have something ON THE HOOK to get the bites and reel em in!

How about this faux pas...while making all those changes last week I found that I had missed a digit in my phone number from the PREVIOUS changes I made 4 months ago. So, for 4 MONTHS I had a totally unusable phone number on my website.

How about this faux pas...while making all those changes last week I found that I had missed a digit in my phone number from the PREVIOUS changes I made 4 months ago. So, for 4 MONTHS I had a totally unusable phone number on my website..
ooops...I forgot to tell you that :-(
Very good information in that article. Thanks for sharing JB

How about this faux pas...while making all those changes last week I found that I had missed a digit in my phone number from the PREVIOUS changes I made 4 months ago. So, for 4 MONTHS I had a totally unusable phone number on my website..
OHHHH no! Well at least you have website reservations!!! LOL!
wink_smile.gif

Back