Website photo page using Flickr

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
It seems Flickr is slow to open, but it there a benefit of using Flickr on a "photo page" on your website? Is the reason being the pix are not actually on your website so you can add more of them for optimum page load time?
Does anyone use Flickr for a "photo page" - do you like it, what are the pro's and con's?
See this page an an example cut n past in browser http://cimarron.com.au/photos
FYI I found this page from Quiet Times By The Sea an inn the news here

Well in this case...you leave their site completely..not a good thing:-( I really don't want to have to go off site to see pics. I see no reason to do so. There are all sorts of ways to do this within your own site. And..how many pics do you really need...I don't want to look at hundreds. Just the basics will be fine.

I am wondering what the appeal of most of the photos is as well. I can see scenic shots, or a flickr with guest pix they send it or something. Or is the website a basic template and can't support so they just add the thumbnails and click thru to flickr for the pix?
In the example posted I was hoping to see room photos, but nope.

I am wondering what the appeal of most of the photos is as well. I can see scenic shots, or a flickr with guest pix they send it or something. Or is the website a basic template and can't support so they just add the thumbnails and click thru to flickr for the pix?
In the example posted I was hoping to see room photos, but nope..
Looks like a template website. LOVE that library, tho!
I do like how they have what seems like guests' vacation photos showing things to do.

Back