Website site map?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, raise your hand, who has a site map on their website? Just a plain vanilla one, nothing involved. Who has a site map they are proud of that I could have a look at to get ideas? So now we all know what I'm working on...site map, slideshow and privacy statement. Enough to keep me busy for a couple of days.
tounge_smile.gif

We have a sitemap on our website - the link is in the upper right corner.

Not I.
I know I need one, but haven't implemented it yet.
Dh just walked in and I mentioned "Do you think we should have a site map" and he laughed at me and said "You think you are playing with the big boys now!?" ha ha ha
I said "No, we have a lot of content!"
RUDE! THAT MAN IS PLAIN RUDE!
smileystooges.gif

I never build a site without one (except this one, I'd never be able to keep on top of all the content updates y'all make). It doesn't have to be and really shouldn't be fancy. A bulleted list is probably the best choice. Link to it from every page (a small footer link is probably best).

We have a sitemap on our website - the link is in the upper right corner..
muirford said:
Nice. ANd I really like the upcoming events page. So much easier to read than mine!
What color is the background on your site? It looks lighter than the side panels on this site but I like them both.

muirford said:
Nice. ANd I really like the upcoming events page. So much easier to read than mine!
What color is the background on your site? It looks lighter than the side panels on this site but I like them both.
I would have to refer you to my website designer - I will have him email me the color codes to forward to you. He did the events page code, too.

muirford said:
I would have to refer you to my website designer - I will have him email me the color codes to forward to you. He did the events page code, too.
muirford said:
Thanks!

Sitemap is no big deal. Just use one of your "template" pages or one of your other pages and save it as your sitemap.html
Do a bulleted list of all the pages on your site.

muirford said:
muirford said:
Thanks!
Actually it turns out I can just post the background color - it's #CBB58C.

Sitemap is no big deal. Just use one of your "template" pages or one of your other pages and save it as your sitemap.html
Do a bulleted list of all the pages on your site..
catlady said:
Do a bulleted list of all the pages on your site.
I saw a sitemap recently that was essentially a list of keywords with links to the page that had those words on it. This was a site that was selling the items that were listed in the sitemap. So, it was kind of a search page as well. You could use the sitemap page to find the exact shrub you were looking for. Like an index of plants. But, it also had the usual sitemap layout as well.

muirford said:
muirford said:
Thanks!
Actually it turns out I can just post the background color - it's #CBB58C.
Thanks. I'm going to try that and see how it looks with my green background.

Back