Website Stats and Referrals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Once again, I checked in on my stats prgm and found 100+ click thrus from a photo that someone borrowed and put on a car club website.
A reminder to everyone to make sure your images are not called room1.jpg or something non descript, but have your B&B name in the image name.
I guess the viewers of this COBRA CLUB forum are clicking the image in a new window to get to our website, the wine tour they describe is nowhere near us, nice they took a photo from OUR AREA and made it seem like THAT AREA.
I don't mind, I am not going to watermark my images, I actually want people to borrow them, would be nice if they know where it is from or gave us the credit however.

That is too weird...I kept thinking to myself....this is no where near JB..what is going on here? Guess they don't care...were just looking for a nice fall pic???? I'd email them and tell them...so they know you know they stole it!!

Without logging in, I would have but no worries now I am onto more things...today I am in my pj's working, of course the phone has rang 10 times and three people stopped by. The sign is out CLOSED.
I created a video page as the website is such a mess right now with videos here and there. So will have to toss them all in one spot.
For you CL as a matter of interest, here is a website that is, like the others by this company "Wild Country Studios" absolutely gorgeous - I am in love...is that possible? In love with a website?
If I had my choice, THIS IS HOW our website would look...but then we would lose all the old people and those who want zero recreation. :) We are listed on this website though.
http://www.blueridgehighlands.org/

Without logging in, I would have but no worries now I am onto more things...today I am in my pj's working, of course the phone has rang 10 times and three people stopped by. The sign is out CLOSED.
I created a video page as the website is such a mess right now with videos here and there. So will have to toss them all in one spot.
For you CL as a matter of interest, here is a website that is, like the others by this company "Wild Country Studios" absolutely gorgeous - I am in love...is that possible? In love with a website?
If I had my choice, THIS IS HOW our website would look...but then we would lose all the old people and those who want zero recreation. :) We are listed on this website though.
http://www.blueridgehighlands.org/.
Alisa, the owner is a friend of mine. We chat back and forth occasionally. I LOVE her work. Her artistic flair is wonderful.

Alisa, the owner is a friend of mine. We chat back and forth occasionally. I LOVE her work. Her artistic flair is wonderful.
catlady said:
I really think she has a handle on color. That is what always draws me in, pure clean color. You know how we can pick out other designers or photos from their style, hers is the same, I know it when I see it. When you speak to her next tell her i am impressed, and in love, but poor or would hire her webdesign! :) LOL

Is there some sort of something that is supposed to show up in that big, green space? I kept waiting for a slideshow or something. However, yes, colors are wonderful and I got some great ideas.

Is there some sort of something that is supposed to show up in that big, green space? I kept waiting for a slideshow or something. However, yes, colors are wonderful and I got some great ideas.
Yep..there is a slideshow there. Mine showed up automatically. Did your ever appear? HMMM I thought it was flash..but looking at the code..it is not. It is some sort of script or slideshow thing. I am surprised she is doing that.

This is not the norm, but for this weeks stats 70-75% of the click thrus occurred on Sunday. Today is Thurs.
This might be helpful for someone. I heard elsewhere that this is the case for social media as well, Sunday night is the most active, and for planning vacations Sunday nights.

We are having a somewhat similar problem. Not with a photo, though. I check the forum for Charlottesville often as people ask about wineries to visit. Imagine my suprise, when someone posted their list of favorite wineries to visit, and number 8 out of 12 is listed as Arcady!!!!
Now we have people pulling up to the inn, panicing us that we may have double booked, asking where our tasting room is.
Just goes to show how much mis information is on that website and that everyone thinks it's gospel.
Now I'm getting phone calls as well asking for directions and when our tasting room is open. Even though I immediately posted below the list that we are not a winery. ***sigh***. I'm waiting for the county to come and check us.
RIki

We are having a somewhat similar problem. Not with a photo, though. I check the forum for Charlottesville often as people ask about wineries to visit. Imagine my suprise, when someone posted their list of favorite wineries to visit, and number 8 out of 12 is listed as Arcady!!!!
Now we have people pulling up to the inn, panicing us that we may have double booked, asking where our tasting room is.
Just goes to show how much mis information is on that website and that everyone thinks it's gospel.
Now I'm getting phone calls as well asking for directions and when our tasting room is open. Even though I immediately posted below the list that we are not a winery. ***sigh***. I'm waiting for the county to come and check us.
RIki.
What has happened is people "scour" the web for the keyword. You have Vineyard in your name, your url, etc etc...so they grab it and post it. Of course they NEVER check :-( GUess you better put out a sign...NO TOURS HERE. or something ha ha!

RIki.
What has happened is people "scour" the web for the keyword. You have Vineyard in your name, your url, etc etc...so they grab it and post it. Of course they NEVER check :-( GUess you better put out a sign...NO TOURS HERE. or something ha ha!
catlady said:
It's worse than that since this person listed us as a winery he prefers in his list. On TripAdvisor no less. Geeze. Yes, I think we will have to get a second sign.
RIki

Back