Website up to date?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Nothing turns a prospective guest away quicker than going to your website and seeing a valentine's package in July! Same with the blog, either update it or stop blogging. Heck you can post date articles on there and have a rotation of the same 10 articles for a whole year if you don't want to blog.
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]What do your visitors want to do this July and August? Make sure your site's calendar of events is up to date.[/COLOR]
What are you blogging about lately?
What are you trying to sell?

I truly don't think anyone looks at our blog. I do quick updates on FB on weekly activities, but the blog I'm happy if I do something once each season. Just the way it is here.

No one will look at the blog if you only blog once per season.

This was exactly my problem when I was trying to book a place in Erie, PA for next week. The ONLY place that had a decent looking website was already booked and the other places I wouldn't go near becaues the website was atrocious! Little, dark, grainy pictures. NO up-to-date info. It was depressing.

I was bloging fairly regularly. The Germany trip got in the way of a lot of things. Now playing catch-up and will be getting back to it. The Director of the Lord's Pantry actually came up to me at the Independence Concert (I chose to sit out rather than create a problem with the missed rehearsals policy - the Director would have let me play) to tell me she would e-mail the particulars about their Lord's Pantry Sing (fundraiser) for me to blog about.
And yes, I DO get read. I often get hits on long ago blogs. I had 60 some hits Sunday just looking for info about our concert/fireworks!

Back