Websites & B&Bs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
Just curious and want to inquire on a couples things:
1) WEBSITES - A lot of you seem to have mentioned website headaches, etc...
I created and designed ours and use a simple tool that allows me to do my own updates and all. It has its own booking calendar, and while may be a bit limited in bells and whistles, I own my domain and pay directly for it and the hosting (no middleman fees), and it does everything we need it to. For the things it can't do, I have found an alternate solutions and make it work (like adding on for extras - wine event tickets, chocolate baskets, packages, etc...)
If anyone is needing help, I freelance on the side doing websites, graphic design and am happy to help others in this industry for reasonable rates and fast results. My model is however, I don't usually take on the maintenance of making all your future changes (unless you just are not at all tech savvy and don't know anyone - family or friend - that could do it for you as well). Also, I usually incorporate time in the rates I charge for training a client on how to maintain their own website once I have completed it. I can offer some support thereafter, if needed.
What are your thoughts?
2) I'd love to know more about many of your B&B's - I don't know where to find links or info on a member's profile. Do most members here just remain anonymous or do you all know each other from years of participating and communicating outside this forum?
Just trying to connect more! Thanks for any comments!
northerndreambnb.com

If someone has created a profile of information about themselves, you should be able to click on their name to see it.
But, yes, you'll notice the 'date joined' under the user name so some of us have been around since this website was launched. (However, even tho I've been around since day 1, I don't know who everyone is.)
Some of us have met in person, some are good friends offline, some have only communicated here, some have gone on road trips together.
A few have had bad experiences with stalkers so choose to remain anonymous.

Northern Dreamer said:
2) Do most members here just remain anonymous or do you all know each other from years of participating and communicating outside this forum?
Since this site is tracked on Google and anybody can find and read what's on the forum, most here remain anonymous. Some are more protective of their identity than others. If our guests could read what we write here, we couldn't have a very open discussion of funny things, problems, etc. that happen at the inn.
Occasionally someone will drop a hint, and over time most long-timers here have figured out a lot of the hidden identities.

I do not kow if it is intentional or old age, but I have forgotten the who is of some I DID know who is. Probably a good thing.

Thanks everyone, I had wondered how private this all was anyway. No worries and I figure no harm in asking!

Back