Wedding

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I just found out that my daughter is getting married THIS September
thumbs_up.gif
! Finally after them being together for almost 4 years, living together for 6 months and having a 2 1/2 year old son (yes, everything in backwards order, but that's my oldest daughter for ya!) they are going to tie the knot! WOW, I have a lot to do
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Congratulations! You are not alone with the everything backward. I think they do that just to test us to see if we will love them anyway - and we do.....

Congratulations! You are not alone with the everything backward. I think they do that just to test us to see if we will love them anyway - and we do......
gillumhouse said:
Congratulations! You are not alone with the everything backward. I think they do that just to test us to see if we will love them anyway - and we do.....
Yes, this daughter has done a lot of testing!
sad_smile.gif

Congratulations! You are not alone with the everything backward. I think they do that just to test us to see if we will love them anyway - and we do......
gillumhouse said:
sad_smile.gif

Is this another test? To see if you can pull a wedding together in 2 months? I hope it is the end of September and not Labor Day weekend.

If they've been living together for two years and already have a child, I hope they're not expecting you to foot the bill. I'd say she's pretty much all grown up and has left the nest.
One word: Elopement!

The wedding is the 19th of September. They have only been living together for 6 months but their son is 2 1/2 so they had better not elope while I wait here for her to pick him up after work !
confused_smile.gif
(I watch him during the week while they are at work).
Luckily the guys parents were the first ones to say they would help pay and the guys grandparents said they want to have it in their backyard, so we are all pitching in and splitting the costs (even our daughter and future son in law).

gillumhouse said:
sad_smile.gif

Is this another test? To see if you can pull a wedding together in 2 months? I hope it is the end of September and not Labor Day weekend.
I had only 3 weeks to put together a wedding for one child and two years later the same thing for another one again 3 weeks. I have a friend who is a wedding planner. She was a dear and helped. They both got married in our gardens. One wanted to get married before he left for overseas. The other waited for 9 months for his now wife to get her visa. It was right after 9-11 and they wanted to get married quickly after she finally got here. I guess several years before our oldest gave us about the same time frame 3 weeks. Oh my gosh we gave our parents the same now that I think about it 3 weeks.
I guess it they all took because we have been married 40 years our oldest married 15 years, the middle married 8 years, the last 6 years. Wow!!!
The best part is the stress is here for 3 weeks and then it is gone each time. I am glad it was not a years worth of stress.

awwww ... i love weddings!!!
heart.gif

regardless of when a child or children came, or if the couple have already lived together ... i am happy when two people want to shout to the world that they are making a committment to each other by having a wedding. i would do what i could to help and i'd love every minute of it. that's me.

heart.gif

regardless of when a child or children came, or if the couple have already lived together ... i am happy when two people want to shout to the world that they are making a committment to each other by having a wedding. i would do what i could to help and i'd love every minute of it. that's me..
seashanty said:
regardless of when a child or children came, or if the couple have already lived together ... i am happy when two people want to shout to the world that they are making a committment to each other by having a wedding. i would do what i could to help and i'd love every minute of it. that's me.
That's me, too. I love happiness...

heart.gif

regardless of when a child or children came, or if the couple have already lived together ... i am happy when two people want to shout to the world that they are making a committment to each other by having a wedding. i would do what i could to help and i'd love every minute of it. that's me..
Us too. We were just glad they finally did get around to it!

Back