Weirdest item left behind

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upinntheriver

Reaction score
We've had medicine, clothes, Kindles, photo IDs, phone chargers by the dozen, a gun, a pillow they wanted returned that I would have thrown away, but the absolute most memorable was a large (about a foot long) purple, plastic, personal pleasure device. For some reason, they didn't call and ask me to mail it to them.

I feel cheated. Not much interesting left at my place. So far two different couples left a 2/3 full pound canister of ground coffee, one couple left a 2/3 full bottle of wine (and a few empties), 2 have left me a $5 bill, and one left a quarter on the nightstand.

That is SO bizzare because only today I was making up one of the rooms, converting the ziplink superking into two singles, and I moved the bed out and there's a 4" purple personal pleasure device laying on the floor.
No one has phoned and asked if we've found it, thank heavens I did.

I once had a receipt left for a (now to find a delicate way to say this...) non-motorized personal pleasure device that can be used by both men and women since both possess this... sometimes used as slang for a lawyer.
I've linked several slang words for lawyer, it is definitely NOT SAFE FOR WORK or SAFE FOR THE FAINT AT HEART! So don't click on it unless you really want to know. (it's two before eggplant).
We have found a personal pleasure device, but that was on the floor, next to the nightstand... and they took it home with them.

Guest left a bullet size/shape thing w/long cord and black small box @ cords other end. I didn't know what it was and brought it in my kitchen and set it down, thinking its a music thing for your ear. About a week later or so 1 of my 4 daughters came by and was shocked to see such a thing in my kitchen "where did you get that ? its a sex toy ........ mom " Gosh that's disgusting ....mom" I wont/didnt ask how she knew or tell which daughter it was................ live and learn .

I've had a lot of 'interesting' things in the rooms, but they fortunately take them when they leave.
Over the years I've had this left twice: whip/riding crop
Frankly, I prefer cash left
wink_smile.gif

Welcome to the forum upinntheriver! If you haven't done so, you may wish to give a little intro about yourself, how long have you been an innkeeper, etc. If you have already done so, sorry! Sometimes I miss these things!

I feel cheated. Not much interesting left at my place. So far two different couples left a 2/3 full pound canister of ground coffee, one couple left a 2/3 full bottle of wine (and a few empties), 2 have left me a $5 bill, and one left a quarter on the nightstand..
Arkansawyer said:
I feel cheated. Not much interesting left at my place. So far two different couples left a 2/3 full pound canister of ground coffee, one couple left a 2/3 full bottle of wine (and a few empties), 2 have left me a $5 bill, and one left a quarter on the nightstand.
Thats about all I get also!

A dog leash found in the bed... Hey... they had a dog with them... But dog was not supposed to go into the bed... Although they came repeatedly, they never came back!

The most left behind here are undergarments. We had such a good time one weekend with this one guest, that the other Innkeeper put his boxers on the end of her finger and proceeded to walk out into the parking lot with them asking if he wanted them back. We all had a good laugh. She would have washed & kept them, but they were brand new beautiful Harley boxers and she knew he'd miss them.
We had a beautiful pair of pink lace thongs this weekend. The guests checked out & left their car in our parking lot to go explore town, so I rolled them up in a baggie and tucked it under her door handle. Wish I could have seen her face when she got back to the car.

I had a newly wed couple leave a wedding card with $200 in it. I've been trying to contact them for 6 months with no response..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I had a newly wed couple leave a wedding card with $200 in it. I've been trying to contact them for 6 months with no response.
I think it's time you give up the search and take that money for an overnight getaway!

Back in 2001 shortly after we opened, housekeeping alerted us to an item in a room previously occupied by a couple of folks from Arizona. The object, in this case, was moving. It was a scorpion about 3 inches long. I captured and secured it into a baggie. It is now long-dead. If you'd like to see it, wait...I'll go get the little box...

I had a newly wed couple leave a wedding card with $200 in it. I've been trying to contact them for 6 months with no response..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I had a newly wed couple leave a wedding card with $200 in it. I've been trying to contact them for 6 months with no response.
I think it's time you give up the search and take that money for an overnight getaway!
Breakfast Nemo said:
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Yes, I finally just put the $$ into my daughter's savings account for safe-keeping. This way, I won't spend it and if they, by chance, do ever respond to my e-mails and want to claim it, I'll have it for them. I even tried contacting the people who gave it to them...again, no response.

Aussie Innkeeper said:
Breakfast Nemo said:
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Yes, I finally just put the $$ into my daughter's savings account for safe-keeping. This way, I won't spend it and if they, by chance, do ever respond to my e-mails and want to claim it, I'll have it for them. I even tried contacting the people who gave it to them...again, no response.
You have done your best. I'd wait one year, then I would consider it mine. :)

Check it out:
"Keys should arrive by UPS today. Please ship the clothes back in the same box. Prepaid label in the box. Thanks."
What a guest! I knew I loved this couple.
heart.gif

Years ago we had someone leave a small fishbowl with a goldfish. We did not see them bring it in initially, but we noticed it when they left. We never heard from them again and ending up keeping the little guy for a few years.

Years ago we had someone leave a small fishbowl with a goldfish. We did not see them bring it in initially, but we noticed it when they left. We never heard from them again and ending up keeping the little guy for a few years..
The BB King said:
Years ago we had someone leave a small fishbowl with a goldfish. We did not see them bring it in initially, but we noticed it when they left. We never heard from them again and ending up keeping the little guy for a few years.
Welcome to the forum BB King! You know I actually pondered (scuz the pun) having a fish bowl ie beta in each guest room and having a contest from every guest who stayed to name the fish. I never did it, but I thought it would be fun. Different.

I feel cheated. Not much interesting left at my place. So far two different couples left a 2/3 full pound canister of ground coffee, one couple left a 2/3 full bottle of wine (and a few empties), 2 have left me a $5 bill, and one left a quarter on the nightstand..
Arks said:
don't forget to look up.

Back