Welcome all ABOUT members

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the new forum Josh. Hope you have been as busy as you wanted to be this summer. This is a great new format..
almost 100% sold out all summer.. Yay!! and I lost 42 lbs as well...
regular_smile.gif

josh said:
regular_smile.gif
Josh, I'll sing the same tune here...100% occupancy means you could make more money by charging more and having fewer guests. Or, having the same number of guests but still making more money...raise your rates! I regret not taking my own advice, believe me. We ran (and I do mean RAN) our butts off this summer at 90% occ. I wish I had charged more and gotten that down to 80%! (I lost 12 lbs, hubs lost 10 lbs.)

Welcome to the new forum Josh. Hope you have been as busy as you wanted to be this summer. This is a great new format..
regular_smile.gif

hey Congrats! How did you do that? I hope it was because you wanted to lose it...
I guess running around keeping up with 100% occupancy can do that for you
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I had a Food/Allergy sensitivity Test done about 4 months ago at a Naturpathic Office in Vancouver BC.
Found out I have allergies to High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sushi, Dairy, Soy, Coconut, Egg whites, Yeast, Chocolate (Snickers bars) and other things, I am limited to very little coffee a day as well. I have by most part elininated these foods out of my daily eating. Drink 4-6 Glasses of water, Take Multi Vitamins, Calcium and Magnesium, Took a yeast Killer and did 2 cleanses Colon and Liver. Excercise 2 times a week at the Gym and now do Yoga. It took a while and now things are shaping up! I sleep way better and am in bed usually now before 1 am ((Don't laugh) I have lost 10 waist sizes as well.
I still am 90 lbs overweight, But have goals and getting there. My blood preasure is down, No more High colesterol and have the Diabetes issues under control.
I eat mostly Organic, Grass Fed products, I do not eat Farm raised Fish, Itry eating almost Organic Fruits and Veggies.. I drink Rice and Oat Milk, I use almost all Goat Products.
It's been a Big Change and I am loving it..
I read "Eating alive" and had the tests done by that doctor.
" Do something every day that scares you" Thats my Motto Now!
Good Luck, Hope that Helps. -:)
lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif

josh said:
regular_smile.gif
Josh, I'll sing the same tune here...100% occupancy means you could make more money by charging more and having fewer guests. Or, having the same number of guests but still making more money...raise your rates! I regret not taking my own advice, believe me. We ran (and I do mean RAN) our butts off this summer at 90% occ. I wish I had charged more and gotten that down to 80%! (I lost 12 lbs, hubs lost 10 lbs.)
I actually Just raised my Rates and still working on that.
Mostly all Summer were Vacation/Wedding Party Rentals, Not daily stays.

Good for your Josh!
We had some serious discussions about HFCS I think on this forum. We are all sick of being made of corn and chemicals
I just mentioned farm raised fish to another innkeeper (I won't post the news item about the man with the 9 foot tape worm from undercooked fish from this week). I agree, WILD or NADA. Don't eat farm raised FISH OR PRAWNS (farmed via aquaculture)
Over 60% of the fish eaten in the United States is farm-raised. What are some of the things that you should know about man-raised salmon?
Farmed Salmon:
  1. have seven times the levels of PCB’s as wild salmon
  2. have 30 times the number of sea lice
  3. are fed chemicals to give them color
  4. are fed pellets of chicken feces, corn meal, soy, genetically modified canola oil and other fish containing concentrations of toxins
  5. are administered antibiotics at higher levels than any other livestock
  6. have less omega 3’s due to lack of wild diet
  7. are crowed into small areas inhibiting movement, and causing disease

regular_smile.gif

hey Congrats! How did you do that? I hope it was because you wanted to lose it...
I guess running around keeping up with 100% occupancy can do that for you
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I had a Food/Allergy sensitivity Test done about 4 months ago at a Naturpathic Office in Vancouver BC.
Found out I have allergies to High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sushi, Dairy, Soy, Coconut, Egg whites, Yeast, Chocolate (Snickers bars) and other things, I am limited to very little coffee a day as well. I have by most part elininated these foods out of my daily eating. Drink 4-6 Glasses of water, Take Multi Vitamins, Calcium and Magnesium, Took a yeast Killer and did 2 cleanses Colon and Liver. Excercise 2 times a week at the Gym and now do Yoga. It took a while and now things are shaping up! I sleep way better and am in bed usually now before 1 am ((Don't laugh) I have lost 10 waist sizes as well.
I still am 90 lbs overweight, But have goals and getting there. My blood preasure is down, No more High colesterol and have the Diabetes issues under control.
I eat mostly Organic, Grass Fed products, I do not eat Farm raised Fish, Itry eating almost Organic Fruits and Veggies.. I drink Rice and Oat Milk, I use almost all Goat Products.
It's been a Big Change and I am loving it..
I read "Eating alive" and had the tests done by that doctor.
" Do something every day that scares you" Thats my Motto Now!
Good Luck, Hope that Helps. -:)
lightbulb.gif

Good for you to change your life!

Good for your Josh!
We had some serious discussions about HFCS I think on this forum. We are all sick of being made of corn and chemicals
I just mentioned farm raised fish to another innkeeper (I won't post the news item about the man with the 9 foot tape worm from undercooked fish from this week). I agree, WILD or NADA. Don't eat farm raised FISH OR PRAWNS (farmed via aquaculture)
Over 60% of the fish eaten in the United States is farm-raised. What are some of the things that you should know about man-raised salmon?
Farmed Salmon:
  1. have seven times the levels of PCB’s as wild salmon
  2. have 30 times the number of sea lice
  3. are fed chemicals to give them color
  4. are fed pellets of chicken feces, corn meal, soy, genetically modified canola oil and other fish containing concentrations of toxins
  5. are administered antibiotics at higher levels than any other livestock
  6. have less omega 3’s due to lack of wild diet
  7. are crowed into small areas inhibiting movement, and causing disease
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Good for your Josh!
We don't even like the taste of the farm-raised salmon anymore.

Back