Well I am not sure we will ever sell

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YoooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo.....JaaaaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeeeeee! Heading out the door to run errands, one of which includes stopping at a Catholic church bookstore to get a St Joseph statue to bury in the yard. Shall I get you one? :)

YoooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo.....JaaaaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeeeeee! Heading out the door to run errands, one of which includes stopping at a Catholic church bookstore to get a St Joseph statue to bury in the yard. Shall I get you one? :).
BananaE29 said:
YoooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo.....JaaaaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeeeeee! Heading out the door to run errands, one of which includes stopping at a Catholic church bookstore to get a St Joseph statue to bury in the yard. Shall I get you one? :)
I buried St. Joseph upside down facing my house when we were on the market. We got a full price offer. Not saying the plastic statue made the difference. Just sayin'.
We forgot to unbury him.

YoooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo.....JaaaaaaaaaaBeeeeeeeeeeeee! Heading out the door to run errands, one of which includes stopping at a Catholic church bookstore to get a St Joseph statue to bury in the yard. Shall I get you one? :).
BananaE29 said:
I buried St. Joseph upside down facing my house when we were on the market. We got a full price offer. Not saying the plastic statue made the difference. Just sayin'.
We forgot to unbury him.
The bookstore was closed until Sunday. I've heard of this ritual so many times that I have to believe it works. Can't wait to get mine!

JB - all kidding aside. I truly believe that when the time is tight for YOU (issues resolved or needs attended to) whatever will BE the right time for your family, the right buyer will appear. Either the time for you or perhaps for the people buying your inn, things will happen. WE do not control The Plan - and i truly DO believe it.
The timing was tight for us to find our house and to open the B & B. A year or 2 earlier or later, everything would have been different. I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been for us because we came to this small City that does not even make most maps. Please just believe. And if you want to help things along, my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'.
gillumhouse said:
my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'
JB, I have heard this many, many times. Let's both go do it this week! I've been wanting to, and I will if you will!
heart.gif

BananaE29 said:
gillumhouse said:
my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'
JB, I have heard this many, many times. Let's both go do it this week! I've been wanting to, and I will if you will!
heart.gif
I have never heard of this..... I have been praying for us all to sell.

JB - all kidding aside. I truly believe that when the time is tight for YOU (issues resolved or needs attended to) whatever will BE the right time for your family, the right buyer will appear. Either the time for you or perhaps for the people buying your inn, things will happen. WE do not control The Plan - and i truly DO believe it.
The timing was tight for us to find our house and to open the B & B. A year or 2 earlier or later, everything would have been different. I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been for us because we came to this small City that does not even make most maps. Please just believe. And if you want to help things along, my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'.
gillumhouse said:
heart.gif

BananaE29 said:
gillumhouse said:
heart.gif
They offer these as home seller kits on Amazon below is just one of many on the site; Here's what it says:
The tradition of burying a statue of Saint Joseph finds its roots in the ancient Catholic custom of burying blessed medals in the ground, invoking God's blessing on the area. It is not the medal, but the blessing which brings God's power.
Today homeowners of all denominations ask for St. Joseph's help in selling and buying their homes. There are many documented cases of his powerful intercession
While there is no guarantee that this practice will result in the sale or purchase of property, it couldn't hurt to try it in today's tough real estate market.
They actually have them here for sale!

St. Joseph is the patron saint of carpenters and family. So he's a good patron for home sellers too.

gillumhouse said:
heart.gif

BananaE29 said:
gillumhouse said:
heart.gif
They offer these as home seller kits on Amazon below is just one of many on the site; Here's what it says:
The tradition of burying a statue of Saint Joseph finds its roots in the ancient Catholic custom of burying blessed medals in the ground, invoking God's blessing on the area. It is not the medal, but the blessing which brings God's power.
Today homeowners of all denominations ask for St. Joseph's help in selling and buying their homes. There are many documented cases of his powerful intercession
While there is no guarantee that this practice will result in the sale or purchase of property, it couldn't hurt to try it in today's tough real estate market.
not St Jude then? patron saint of causes long since lost!

gillumhouse said:
heart.gif

BananaE29 said:
gillumhouse said:
heart.gif
Joey Camb said:
No reason you can't have more than one saint on your side!

gillumhouse said:
heart.gif

BananaE29 said:
gillumhouse said:
heart.gif
I would not confuse the issue. Battling Saints would not be a pretty sight!

Back