Well I am not sure we will ever sell

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If I hear the word VIABLE one more time I will scream.
I tell folks this is a "lifestyle B&B" not a term I coined, btw. This is not a retire and rake in the dough B&B. I think they are confusing us with the $1.5-2.5 mil range...our price is with business, conveyances and home (and worth every penny).
We have done so many updates and reno's to this inn, and will probably never see anything out of it. It is disheartening, really.
This weekend the phrase came to mind "Do you run your business or does your business run you?" It actually made me really mad, must have been a subliminal message.

Sorry to hear that. Buying and selling any real estate, much less a business is v e r y tedious. Hang in there.

I hate to be the happy bird in your picture, but you ARE viable. How did you come to the conclusion that what you have been doing all these years is not viable. Maybe somebody wants to paint you into their picture of what that means, but I think you should paint your own and put THAT out there. You can omit the happy bird from your picture if you wish.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

I hate to be the happy bird in your picture, but you ARE viable. How did you come to the conclusion that what you have been doing all these years is not viable. Maybe somebody wants to paint you into their picture of what that means, but I think you should paint your own and put THAT out there. You can omit the happy bird from your picture if you wish.
happykeeper said:
You almost made me cry with this Haps. Thank you so much.

happykeeper said:
heart.gif

Viable:
capable of working successfully; feasible.
"the proposed investment was economically viable"
synonyms: feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable, realizable;

Of course you have a viable business AND home! In fact, all you are missing is the right person to pass it on to! You have built a name, reputation and provided a turn-key, workable business and life for the right some one to just walk right in and take over.
Don't give up....the right buyer is just around the corner.
heart.gif

Not to delve too deeply into our situation, but, we could never afford to live off of what our new inn makes. We can afford to have a nicer house and a thriving business, but we need my job to make it a lifestyle that sustains US.
There are others like us.

I so feel for you. There are so many reasons that aspiring innkeepers choose or don't choose to buy. More often than not, their expectations are a lot higher than their pocket book. The town, the style of house and the community all play such big factors. One wonders if these lookie-loos EVER end up with a b&b. I would guess not.
I'm scared to death to list because the folks that will appreciate who and what we are in our location are so limited. To have people viewing and not buying just must be demoralizing.
I'm so sorry you've been in limbo for so long
broken_heart.gif

I know how frustrated you must be, and I've only been in limbo about 45 days. It's exhausting, this hanging on, constantly being in the "ready" stage, all while continuing to run the business and trying to keep a good attitude. Keep your chin up - I firmly believe that things happen for a reason, and everything is just as it should be. This doesn't help when things are not going the way we want them to, but better things are coming your way.

Reality Check - IF I am planning to HIRE:
Housekeeper
Maintenance man
Marketing person
PR person
bookeeper
Web designer/support
Then YES, your B & B is not viable. If someone has the work ethic (as you do by the way) to actually work and DYI, your B & B IS very viable.

It will happen when you least expect it. You have done wonders with your place and the right person just has to find it.
heart.gif

After it sells and you can look back at this whole process, I suspect you'll know why it took so long. Your place is ideal for so many kinds of potential innkeepers. The people who need to be there just haven't realized it yet. (I hope)

After it sells and you can look back at this whole process, I suspect you'll know why it took so long. Your place is ideal for so many kinds of potential innkeepers. The people who need to be there just haven't realized it yet. (I hope).
Thanks everyone!
heart.gif

Don't give up hope. You only need one good one. I'm sorry it is taking a while for them to find you. They may be just as frustrated. When they find you, may they feel as much joy and relief as you will.

As we keep telling our daughter who is trying to find the right job for HER.
It is a numbers game many will say no, many will not call you back BUT that doesn't mean anything! It is a numbers game. The right match will come along!
It is frustrating but it will happen. Your place is remarkable and you have done more than most with your marketing. It will happen!

xoxox
heart.gif
hugs!
I totally understand sweet friend. I'm praying for you too.

You're doing a great job with your marketing and I hope you keep your spirits up as the right person is out there for your inn.
My wife and I looked at the info you have available online. We both said we wished the inns we were looking at did what you were doing. You are answering questions before they have to be asked and you aren't starving the inn by holding off maintenance. Your part of the country is unfortunately not where we are looking, but there are those of us out there who are self-financing and interested in an inn your size.
IMHO I think you have an advantage over inns a little bit larger because there's more of a chance of a sale without having to have a bank value the business. We've looked at the $1M plus property financing and you have a huge advantage. It comes down to the right person seeing you, and that will happen.
Best,
WestCoast

JB - all kidding aside. I truly believe that when the time is tight for YOU (issues resolved or needs attended to) whatever will BE the right time for your family, the right buyer will appear. Either the time for you or perhaps for the people buying your inn, things will happen. WE do not control The Plan - and i truly DO believe it.
The timing was tight for us to find our house and to open the B & B. A year or 2 earlier or later, everything would have been different. I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been for us because we came to this small City that does not even make most maps. Please just believe. And if you want to help things along, my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'

JB - all kidding aside. I truly believe that when the time is tight for YOU (issues resolved or needs attended to) whatever will BE the right time for your family, the right buyer will appear. Either the time for you or perhaps for the people buying your inn, things will happen. WE do not control The Plan - and i truly DO believe it.
The timing was tight for us to find our house and to open the B & B. A year or 2 earlier or later, everything would have been different. I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been for us because we came to this small City that does not even make most maps. Please just believe. And if you want to help things along, my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'.
gillumhouse said:
my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'
JB, I have heard this many, many times. Let's both go do it this week! I've been wanting to, and I will if you will!
heart.gif

The timing was tight for us to find our house and to open the B & B. A year or 2 earlier or later, everything would have been different. I cannot tell you how wonderful it has been for us because we came to this small City that does not even make most maps. Please just believe. And if you want to help things along, my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'.
gillumhouse said:
my neighbor buried St Joseph in her back yard facing the house and after it sold (fairly quickly after that) she dug him up and took him to her new house. Just sayin'
JB, I have heard this many, many times. Let's both go do it this week! I've been wanting to, and I will if you will!
heart.gif

Upside down

Back