Well, mangle me.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will slit my wrists before I iron a sheet, pillowcase or napkin..
I ironed pillowcases and the top 1/3 of the sheet for the first four years in business. No one...not one person ever said a word about how nice it looked. I liked it, but I don't pay myself, so who cares? I quit ironing about the same time i quit smoking a 1.5 years ago, and I have...I'm not kidding...an extra two hours a day. It's amazing how much time I spent ironing, and I had an iron press that would do the job pretty quick. No one has once said to me..."Hey, didn't you used to iron your linens" or "Your pillowcases sure are wrinkly!"

I ironed pillowcases and the top 1/3 of the sheet for the first four years in business. No one...not one person ever said a word about how nice it looked. I liked it, but I don't pay myself, so who cares? I quit ironing about the same time i quit smoking a 1.5 years ago, and I have...I'm not kidding...an extra two hours a day. It's amazing how much time I spent ironing, and I had an iron press that would do the job pretty quick. No one has once said to me..."Hey, didn't you used to iron your linens" or "Your pillowcases sure are wrinkly!"
Tuesday morning I had the first guest in memory (or at least in a VERY long time) who even referred to the sheets. The comment was how nice they were and i was asked if they were a really high thread count (Had no clue and told her it was fairly high) nothing about how they were not ironed.

That's interesting.... we always had guests comment on how nice our beds and linens were here. "Crisp but soft, white, and comfy" was what was said most often. :)
Ironing sheets was my most hated job though and I was sooooooooooooooooo happy when I finally had someone that I paid to do it for me!

Started pressing (with iron press) my pillowcases and tops of top sheets a few years ago. No I do not get direct compliments on the ironing but do get nice compliments on the looks of the bed and the room. It is all in the overall look and when I have my appointement with the press, I choose to think of how nice it looks to me to see that crisp look, not the fact that I will not get a compliment on it or not.
PT - look into a table top iron press, mine was about $150 - and well worth it for my time and muscle! Yes you can press full sheets on this if you fold them the right way. It will press up to 4 layers at a time. This will save that time which is so valuable during a flip.

Back