Well....that was an interesting weekend.....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
I think you know, but we've been closed since January 2 in order to update 3 bathrooms. It's been, obviously, stressful, dirty and expensive. But the payoff is good. The bathrooms look great! It's a great feeling to show someone to their room and be proud of the bathroom instead of hoping they don't notice the toilet is a bit sideways and the floor is carpeted and the sink is held together with spit and paper and lots of caulk.
Anyway, construction ended last weekend and good thing, because we had a reservation for this weekend - it had been made before we closed the calendar for the construction.
We cleaned like crazy for our one room - then got a call from a regular - are you open? Sure!! Why not? Right? So we have two rooms. Might as well open the reservation calendar.
We ended up with 5 of 6 rooms full for the weekend! What a nice surprise. And the people were the nicest!
And it was fun to tell three of the rooms, "You are the first to ever use this bathroom!"

My guess is the spike in reservations is due to the perfect storm of three things - Valentine's Day happening on Wednesday; a three day weekend and really mild weather.
We got snow Saturday night, but it was melted by Sunday noon. That is mild in these parts.

thumbs_up.gif
YAY! unexpected money is always a nice surprise.

It was our first weekend after break, too. Last guest left this morning.
And, your bathrooms look great!

And, your bathrooms look great!.
Morticia said:
And, your bathrooms look great!
Thank you. We are thrilled. I was worried that they were too 'plain.' But I think clean is good.

Back