We're halfway through the year

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
We're halfway through the year. How are you doing with the 12 To Do's (for Realtors® in 2012) -> I thought this list could apply to innkeepers just as easily, take a peek and let me know what you think: http://ht.ly/cdGf7

I have 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, & 11. this Forum covers a lot of that list for me.

Great list. I'd like to add/ask has anyone tried anything new this year that worked or bombed? Deals or packages that worked or didn't, Groupons, etc? We offered ski packages, live theatre packages, and a few others that no one took advantage of. Yet, almost every guest that calls now wants a discount. We stopped discounting last year and am much happier. We've never lost a sale because we said no and we've regretted a lot that we said yes to.

Ive got to the point where people who ask for a discount arn't people I want staying its that simple. We do an excellent price to start with im not comming down from it.

Great list. I'd like to add/ask has anyone tried anything new this year that worked or bombed? Deals or packages that worked or didn't, Groupons, etc? We offered ski packages, live theatre packages, and a few others that no one took advantage of. Yet, almost every guest that calls now wants a discount. We stopped discounting last year and am much happier. We've never lost a sale because we said no and we've regretted a lot that we said yes to..
We decided this year no discounts. But we offer 'perks' that cost a lot less than the discounts would and they seem to be working. Except for the people who want the $99 rooms. We just can't help them other than telling them where to find those rooms. (And even the Super 8 was $119 last time I looked.)

Back