Were havin a heat wave !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rosemary bush survived until yesterday. It's a nasty mess now.

My rosemary bush survived until yesterday. It's a nasty mess now..
I have two that are in pots. They go out in the spring and in for the winter. You only need one day of arctic cold to do them in otherwise.

I have two that are in pots. They go out in the spring and in for the winter. You only need one day of arctic cold to do them in otherwise.
Silverspoon said:
I can't bring them in. They give me headaches. Weird, I know. Last year it was buried until April, then it died.

Tulips I buy in the late fall/winter when on sale and plant them on a warmish day in Jan/Feb. A good cold snap for 1 or 2 days sets them. Well with the weather were having in the Shenandoah Valley now (snow & cold) tulips are ready for spring blooming.......

Tulips I buy in the late fall/winter when on sale and plant them on a warmish day in Jan/Feb. A good cold snap for 1 or 2 days sets them. Well with the weather were having in the Shenandoah Valley now (snow & cold) tulips are ready for spring blooming.......
Heh heh 'plant them on a warm day in Jan-Feb.'
Not to say we don't have warm days in those months but generally the ground is hard as stone. I'm always amazed seeing everyone's flower photos on Facebook in March.

Not to say we don't have warm days in those months but generally the ground is hard as stone. I'm always amazed seeing everyone's flower photos on Facebook in March.
Morticia said:
Warning Will Robinson! I just took my first pics this AM and have them set to post tomorrow. Not the BIG bloom but a couple of early blooms on the Azaleas and another pic of the Carolina Jasmine with yellow buds about to burst.
And as I cleaned the balcony tables this afternoon there was the slightest hint of yellow on them. No wonder my sinuses are going crazy!

Back