We're Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
We finally closed! We loaded up the car and "camped" there over the weekend. We have achieved a base camp in the cabin, (the owner had moved none of his stuff out--I had to clean that out all out first). After getting the ground hog out of the well house, we only had one minor plumbing repair when we got the well going. The PO used fishing lures as tacks and had them everywhere--in the cabin the lodge and the outbuildings; I snagged a finger and DH almost caught one in the eye in the workshop.
We then began cleaning the grounds, opened the lodge and motel to air, and cleaned out two refrigerators full of rotting food. We worked like crazy--we just couldn't stop. DH dismantled much privacy fencing and two ice shanties left on the beach. We filled many contractor bags full of junk-- it begins to look much better. (I may keep some of the 175 thorn-less raspberry plants the PO planted--yum.
The head of the area chamber is coming out this weekend, and the electric company mentioned doing an article on the place for a future newsletter they put out which is distributed to all their customers! We are scared, excited, achy but glad we are going to do this... off to join PAII..wish us luck! Again--THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND SUPPORT..

I'm very excited for you!!! Congratulations!
cheers.gif

white pine said:
We worked like crazy--we just couldn't stop.
I've often been amazed at how hard I'll work when I first move in to a new place. The combination of excitement and desire to "put my mark on the place" carries me far.
Be sure to take good advantage of your motivation and desire because, of course, it eventually starts to wear off.
Enjoy your inn! I'm hoping to make a similar announcement here someday!

That is absolutely MARVELOUS!!!
Be sure to take lots of pictures as you progress - perhaps too late for the "worst looking" ones - but take them as you go and create an album. Folks will be interested AND it will give you blog material to get people salivating to come see for themselves.

Congratulations!!!! How exciting this is for you. Keep us posted on your highs and lows. You'll be in for the ride of your life. If anybody can pull this off, you can!!

That's great. Everyone is excited for you. Wishing you tons of good luck.

I am sooo Happy you are finally in and while it all looks like a lot of work now it will look amazing when you are done! I wish you the best of luck not that you will need it as I know you are as well prepared as it is possible to be. If you need any help or advice you know we are all here! PS I am already working on convincing DH to pay for us to fly out and stay when you get sorted!

Here is a sneak peek:
Drive_0.jpg

Sorry for the size, I seem to get too large or too small..the yellow blob is off the contact sheet I copied from, but this is one of my favorites. Again thanks for your advice and honest opinons. DH is here drinking too much coffee. He has made a little poem:
The hinges may creak, The roof might leak, The place may reek, but if it's pleasure you seek, give us a week! Poor optimistic creature!
smileystooges.gif

Here is a sneak peek:
Drive_0.jpg

Sorry for the size, I seem to get too large or too small..the yellow blob is off the contact sheet I copied from, but this is one of my favorites. Again thanks for your advice and honest opinons. DH is here drinking too much coffee. He has made a little poem:
The hinges may creak, The roof might leak, The place may reek, but if it's pleasure you seek, give us a week! Poor optimistic creature!
smileystooges.gif
white pine said:
DH is here drinking too much coffee. He has made a little poem:
smileystooges.gif
Perfect!! Keep that fun outlook! :)

Back