We've 'moved in' - finally!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Got the quilt hung up that has been in storage for 4 years, since we moved. Hubs gave this to me as a b'day gift. It's over 100 years old. It's hanging behind the bed, which is back where it belongs in the room now that the painting is finished. I'm cleaning like crazy.
Funny, we've been here over 4 years and today I feel like I'm finally moving in. Amazing what having 'your space' fitted out properly can do.

Congratulations!!! I bet that is an enormous weight off your shoulders...

nice! will you be able to post a picture of your space? (i love old quilts)

Congratulations!!
regular_smile.gif

I'm kinda jealous - we've been here 7 years and still don't have our room fixed up the way I want it.

I'm kinda jealous - we've been here 7 years and still don't have our room fixed up the way I want it..
We just installed my new 'desk'. Old, solid core door (complete with doorknob hole and hinge cutouts) on top of 2 filing cabinets. My daughter had this in high school and I was using it as my sewing table. It is huge! So much more space than I had on the old desk. I can sprwad my stuff out now instead of balancing it on the arm of the chair and having the dog wag her tail. Ugh.

I'm kinda jealous - we've been here 7 years and still don't have our room fixed up the way I want it..
We just installed my new 'desk'. Old, solid core door (complete with doorknob hole and hinge cutouts) on top of 2 filing cabinets. My daughter had this in high school and I was using it as my sewing table. It is huge! So much more space than I had on the old desk. I can sprwad my stuff out now instead of balancing it on the arm of the chair and having the dog wag her tail. Ugh.
Your current desk sounds like mine :) I am hoping to get back to work on our area this week. No guests scheduled yet for the next several days. We just had 22 room nights out of 30 possible in the last six days. Woo hoo!!! I got nothing else done but taking care of guests. They were all GREAT!!

Way to go. I'm almost envious as it hasn't happened to me yet but coming next year!
Have fun!

Congratulations and welcome home. It does feel great to have your own space the way you want it to be.

Pix...
newbed_0.JPG
Pardon the lack of 'staging'!
newoffice.JPG
That is wonderful!! Congratulations.
I love the quite. Is it Tumbling Blocks? It's lovely
Yes, my favorite pattern.
I thought so. It is very pretty. It's up at the top of my favorite pattern list, too. I like it when they do it on a black background with dark colors as the blocks.
I made one that is black, white, gray and red. I don't have an pic on the computer, tho. Basically, almost all the blocks are black, white and gray with the exception of a large diamond pattern in the middle where the top piece on each block is red. My son's choice. If I can find my quilt album I'll see if I can scan the pic and post it.

Pix...
newbed_0.JPG
Pardon the lack of 'staging'!
newoffice.JPG
That is wonderful!! Congratulations.
I love the quite. Is it Tumbling Blocks? It's lovely
Yes, my favorite pattern.
I thought so. It is very pretty. It's up at the top of my favorite pattern list, too. I like it when they do it on a black background with dark colors as the blocks.
I made one that is black, white, gray and red. I don't have an pic on the computer, tho. Basically, almost all the blocks are black, white and gray with the exception of a large diamond pattern in the middle where the top piece on each block is red. My son's choice. If I can find my quilt album I'll see if I can scan the pic and post it.
Sounds beautiful. I am an avid quilt appreciater. I don't quilt, but I love to look at them. My daughter likes to sew and quilt...she's the crafty one in our family. I help her when she needs an extra hand, but it isn't in my heart like it is in hers.

Back