What a Child Sees

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The other day, my girlfriend's daughters went with me to the grocers. They are funny, silly, blonde haired and green-eyed children of about 10 years old.
We were having a great time when another woman with her husband asked the girls where her parents were and asked who I was (the couple knew the children's parents).
They looked at each other then looked up at the couple, hugged my big ol' brown arms and said with pride, "This is our chocolate grandma!"
The couple turned red, smiled and hurried off. The girls giggled and I cried tears of joy. Who would have imagined anyone seeing me that way (I'm a big Black lady) but a child.
I am constantly reminded to keep my heart and mind lighter by looking at what a child sees.
Have a blessed and prosperous day everyone!

Best grandma name ever!!!!!
I have rosacia and my great nieces call me, "Pinky!" LOL

my sisters friend was shopping in a local town which has a large Muslim population - child spotted a lady in full Burka - out pops "look mummy a terrorist" - she said her face nearly caught fire with embarrassment!

We try to avoid these topics on the forum, as now we have a Muslim comment. We are all innkeepers, pre, current or future...we are better sticking to innkeeping if possible.

We try to avoid these topics on the forum, as now we have a Muslim comment. We are all innkeepers, pre, current or future...we are better sticking to innkeeping if possible..
Neither of us meant it like that Joe - its all about how children see things! and the funny things they say without thinking!

We try to avoid these topics on the forum, as now we have a Muslim comment. We are all innkeepers, pre, current or future...we are better sticking to innkeeping if possible..
Neither of us meant it like that Joe - its all about how children see things! and the funny things they say without thinking!
oh no, I am not saying there is anything wrong with what was said, just saying we don't discuss here due to others running to grab the ball and run with it. It is a can of worms.

Back