What a Day!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I think I am laughing. Here is what has happened today:
Deconstructor arrives
Get call for radio show
Deconstructor calls in plumber
Local man (of important family) decides to stop in for first time - chats about rail-trail
floor good, plumbing has leak behind wall and cast iron flange for toilet is too high (easiest cheapest route to build up floor to the flange)
Garden Club Treasurer stops by to get checks signed and turn books over to me to get them audited
Get a webervations reservation - YEEHAA!!
PTA lady stops by to get check from Garden Club
Get call from City Hall I have an invitation to the FFA banquet Friday (transporting guests back to their car Friday - 80 miles from here)
I am about to go over to the plumber's to pay for the last visit last week and arrange for tomorrow
DH has Civil War Roundtable tonight
I have band rehearsal tonight
At least they are laying the linoleum now and the floor was in such good shape that they only had to take up along the outside wall - all the plumbing was there. And it has been a one day job when the deconstructor was thinking at least 2 days. Whew!!!

This is what keeps you spry - and by what I see everything was a positive...
Hope tonight (after practice) you get to put your feet up and relax!

The update is the plumber is here now. DH is ticked at me because he was chatting with the plumber about why there was such a crowd at the high school ballfield last night and I reminded that the clock in ticking. It is OK when he is chatting - until he sees the bill! If he is talking about the job is one thing....
He is ticked about the bill from the deconstructor because they did not have to take up the whole floor.... I am happy because that kept it as a one day job. I guess he needs something to grumble about to keep him happy. He managed to go upstairs 3 times yesterday! It was easier than he thought it would be too.
Problem for me is that he went into my storage room and decided it needed cleaned out please save me from that. I did not have enough on my plate yesterday! So now I have guests coming in tomorrow with stuff in the upstairs hall thanks to DH and a dining room full of shelves and boxes of stuff from our bathroom and need to do a veggie run today. Thanks for letting me whine.

The update is the plumber is here now. DH is ticked at me because he was chatting with the plumber about why there was such a crowd at the high school ballfield last night and I reminded that the clock in ticking. It is OK when he is chatting - until he sees the bill! If he is talking about the job is one thing....
He is ticked about the bill from the deconstructor because they did not have to take up the whole floor.... I am happy because that kept it as a one day job. I guess he needs something to grumble about to keep him happy. He managed to go upstairs 3 times yesterday! It was easier than he thought it would be too.
Problem for me is that he went into my storage room and decided it needed cleaned out please save me from that. I did not have enough on my plate yesterday! So now I have guests coming in tomorrow with stuff in the upstairs hall thanks to DH and a dining room full of shelves and boxes of stuff from our bathroom and need to do a veggie run today. Thanks for letting me whine..
.... 'more powerful than a locomotive' you are unbelievable!

Oh no! My dh is like that... like on Christmas Eve when he decided it was time to clean out the pantry. Argh!!!
=)
Kk.

Oh no! My dh is like that... like on Christmas Eve when he decided it was time to clean out the pantry. Argh!!!
=)
Kk..
Yes, and his idea of cleaning out his area is to yes, throw away a lot of stuff, BUT to bring me the stuff he cannot find another place for. As if I have any space! And then he tells me I need to clean MY area.Urkkkkk!!!!!

Back