what am i trying to become?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife of the Pres of the Indiana B & B Association checks in here from time to time..mayb she can steer you in the right direction. Or just go to their website and send them an email.
Here in VA we have some innkeepers who have restored trains for guests to sleep in. Check it out..
catlady said:
The wife of the Pres of the Indiana B & B Association checks in here from time to time..mayb she can steer you in the right direction. Or just go to their website and send them an email.
Here in VA we have some innkeepers who have restored trains for guests to sleep in. Check it out.
I was right, it was Paint Bank! I still have a wee bit of memory left.
Yes, but their website is too weird. I hadn't looked at it in a while. I really never found a page that talks about the rooms..other than the reservation page. And they have all these links to other places that leave their site and it is a pain going back and forth. I also hate having to scroll through the pages to read it :-(
catlady said:
Yes, but their website is too weird. I hadn't looked at it in a while. I really never found a page that talks about the rooms..other than the reservation page. And they have all these links to other places that leave their site and it is a pain going back and forth. I also hate having to scroll through the pages to read it :-(
Here is the caboose You kinda thought it would have train memorabilia in there tho aye? I would have thought that.

Here in VA we have some innkeepers who have restored trains for guests to sleep in. Check it out..
catlady said:
Here in VA we have some innkeepers who have restored trains for guests to sleep in. Check it out.
I was right, it was Paint Bank! I still have a wee bit of memory left.
catlady said:
Here is the caboose You kinda thought it would have train memorabilia in there tho aye? I would have thought that.
Yes, the photo gallery has pics, but I find no pages where there is any information about the rooms etc other than when you click on the reservations link. I find this site attractive, but not user friendly.:-(
And what is up with those beds...bunks!!! A full bed on the bottom and a twin on top???? I don't think so.:-(

the note about transient lodging could be a great avenue. also the "follow the leader" approach as rural rush county indiana does not seem to know how to deal with my questions. here are some additional details that adds to my query. the cabooses are not stationary. they will be fitted with a full size bed, AC but no heat as it is a mid summer season only. bath facilities are common/shared in a detached building. there is no TV but there is high speed internet. modest accomodations at best there is no house and i would not formally "live" on the premisis but i suppose a few bills to the mailbox would change that. the rooms are only available to the guests of the adventure camp. the camp is much like the baseball fantasy camp but with railroads. it is an individuals opportunity to retreat to a concentrated experience that they may have always wanted to do, but not have the time for otherwise. no romance, no families. just total immersion into the railroad experience. it is this criteria that get me and others confused over how to classify this. the lodging is to be part of the camp package, not a hotel feature on its own

just wondering ... is there water and sewage (and utilities) in this 'railroad yard'? there is a lot to do if not!
plus the permitting .....

there is a building that contains restroom and bath facilities with hot and cold water. there is another building that contains a concession stand that will become a kitchen or facilities for a caterer for meals. all of which is up to local code and has passed ruch county health inspections.

as i continue to read, based on suggestions i learned on this forum, should i be looking at this as a boarding house or lodging house? the key seems to be that the rooms are not available to transient visitors. also can anybody tell me if there is a spell check option on the comment entry box?

the note about transient lodging could be a great avenue. also the "follow the leader" approach as rural rush county indiana does not seem to know how to deal with my questions. here are some additional details that adds to my query. the cabooses are not stationary. they will be fitted with a full size bed, AC but no heat as it is a mid summer season only. bath facilities are common/shared in a detached building. there is no TV but there is high speed internet. modest accomodations at best there is no house and i would not formally "live" on the premisis but i suppose a few bills to the mailbox would change that. the rooms are only available to the guests of the adventure camp. the camp is much like the baseball fantasy camp but with railroads. it is an individuals opportunity to retreat to a concentrated experience that they may have always wanted to do, but not have the time for otherwise. no romance, no families. just total immersion into the railroad experience. it is this criteria that get me and others confused over how to classify this. the lodging is to be part of the camp package, not a hotel feature on its own.
This is definitely a 'camp' experience and not a B&B. If the facilities are not only not 'in' the caboose, but are outside as well, this is a particular market. You need to find something similar and find out what the rules & regs are wherever that is located and then work with your county.

as i continue to read, based on suggestions i learned on this forum, should i be looking at this as a boarding house or lodging house? the key seems to be that the rooms are not available to transient visitors. also can anybody tell me if there is a spell check option on the comment entry box?.
Seems like you are really going to be a "camp" and there has to be something that is like that in your area or nearby. Like, horseback riding camps, fishing camps, and other similar things where you stay and then have instruction on the particular skill. Best of luck!

As earlier posted, I think you are leading to a camp style facility. Others have posted some places to check and I will include Scout camps. There are usually facilites the scouts use each summer. If you do not know of a scout leader, call some of your local schools, they may be able to put you in touch with one.
Good Luck with your project.

Back