What amenities do you provide

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any way to measure if it works, but I think it's similar to the job interview thing... guests want to feel welcome, appreciated, and wanted. When we express gratitude and happiness about their presence, I think they appreciate it and feel more comfortable.
You nailed it!
We can ask Georgia Girl how she FELT at each B&B she stayed at this summer. The feeling she had upon reception makes for the whole tone of the stay. 100%.
I share the note for us in Townsville Queensland - I liked it alot, it was welcoming and friendly and said something like: Welcome Mrs and Mr JBJ, I had to take Sammy to tuba lessons. Here is your key - sodas in the fridge, make yourselves at home.
I loved that! I thought it was really cool that we had our key and could do what we want to do. She was simply NOT there at check in time (for a half hour or so, no big deal)
So when I leave a note, I do the same thing, something cheerful and welcoming. I recall how I felt. Privilleged actually.

Good list here.
The shampoo and/or conditioning shampoo, and soap dispensers (from frontgate.com -- good, quality ones) are the best. I think it's much easier than baskets, and the guests love them, cause they are different and shine up so nice and clean.
No mouthwash, toothpaste or deodorant. All our guests bring their own.
If you have especially nice sheets, towels, a sitting area in the room, a library of books, a pick-up service from bus or train stations, especially great breakfasts -- I would mention all of these -- anything that you think is special about your B&B..
I would like to offer pick up service from the airport, but I can't find insurance to do that. Where did you find insurance for offering that service?

Good list here.
The shampoo and/or conditioning shampoo, and soap dispensers (from frontgate.com -- good, quality ones) are the best. I think it's much easier than baskets, and the guests love them, cause they are different and shine up so nice and clean.
No mouthwash, toothpaste or deodorant. All our guests bring their own.
If you have especially nice sheets, towels, a sitting area in the room, a library of books, a pick-up service from bus or train stations, especially great breakfasts -- I would mention all of these -- anything that you think is special about your B&B..
I would like to offer pick up service from the airport, but I can't find insurance to do that. Where did you find insurance for offering that service?
I don't know if it's the same as me but in our County it depends on whether you are being paid or not. Check with your DMV, not in your town, but the main DMV at your capital as the towns don't always give the correct information.
SInce we do wine tours and are paid, we must have livery insurance. Our insurance is required by the DMV as we are paid to drive our guests. And you need a different driver's license here only if you are driving a vehicle that is more than 16 people.
Riki

Back