What are tables and nightstands for?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Inquiring minds want to know...
I came home from a walk today (lovely weather) and walked past a guestroom window on my way down the sidewalk. What is perched precariously on the windowsill? A fast food cup full of soda.
Lovely. It looks like housekeeping missed a room today. Not.
We have ice, no need to perch your soda on the windowsill for all and sundry to see in order to keep it cold. Not to mention that it's warm in the window like that with the sun shining which means the soda cup is sweating on the finish. Ugh.
This room has 2 nicely sized nightstands and one large coffee table. Plenty of coasters (not in use with the sweating glass, btw).

guest was possibly sitting by the window enjoying the view - no disrespect intended.

guest was possibly sitting by the window enjoying the view - no disrespect intended..
seashanty said:
guest was possibly sitting by the window enjoying the view - no disrespect intended.
No chair by the window, but maybe they were just standing there and it seemed like a good, flat surface. And with the subsequent bangings and clangings coming from the room, I am just dying to clean in there tomorrow...

{What are tables and nightstands for?}
Because we innkeepers, i mean, we housekeepers, just don't have enough things to dust as it is.

[What are tables and nightstands for?]
To hold lamps and clock radios
and candy
and hearing aids
and dentures
and pills
and cell phones
and paperbacks
and retainers
and unmentionables
and tissues
and ipods
and flash drives
and candles [I know, not allowed, but that's where they put them]
and prophylactics
and TV remotes
who's got room for some big ole cup?
=)
Kk.

Well, they're for the same thing the luggage rack is for. For looking at, because it's much nicer to look at than put those bulky old suitcases on them.

Well, they're for the same thing the luggage rack is for. For looking at, because it's much nicer to look at than put those bulky old suitcases on them..
NW BB said:
Well, they're for the same thing the luggage rack is for. For looking at, because it's much nicer to look at than put those bulky old suitcases on them.
Ha, ha, ha! Now THAT is true!

Back