What are the extra add ons you are willing to do for guests?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you have an add on package or inn room extras do you deviate from this by a guest request?
Say you don't have balloons and caviar listed as an add on, would you be willing to do this if they requested it? Even if finding the exact caviar took your time to locate and procure and then finding the balloons or going to get those said balloons? A special type of flower or special chocolates that they requested?
Would you stick to your add on list or do this for them at their request? You have not said "ask us and we will try to get it for you" you simply have a list of add ons and the prices.

Type of flower, if available here, I would do my best. Chocolates are another story....we just don't have a lot of the gourmet things that much larger metro areas have. :-( If I had to do a lot of running around to find something, there would be an up charge for sure.
I was always willing to customize a package but folks usually just picked from the list of what I offered.

'It depends' is the best way to put it. If it's 'easy' as in I know exactly where to go and it's not far (as in I can walk) then I'll entertain most 'optional' add ons.
Am providing platters for a group. Will do extra decorating for them as long as they don't show up TOO early. Am letting them show up early to decorate. Researched a couple of places guest could get a cake and some caterers she could use. Guest is getting cake, tho, and made her own dinner reservations.
If I didn't know where to get something and it was going to take a lot of time, I would probably suggest to the guest that they do a little research on their own. Something that would cost me a lot of money (like the caviar) I would require prepayment.

I have done extras - and charged appropriately for it. Mr Romance wanted a particular brand of champagne which was no sweat to get and I got chocolates at a local chocolatier. He asked if there was a CD player - there was when he got here (later got 2 more when they were 1/2 price), I made up a basket of candles (and supplied dishes to use if burning them). He also wanted 4 dozen red carnations and my dinner... When given the bill, he replied, "Worth every penny!"

if i thought i had a good chance of getting exactly what they wanted, i'd do it. (if it didn't have to go far and crazy to do it ... because your time and travel adds to the price) mostly, i'd stick with what i knew i could do that would earn some extra money.

We have a florest who delivers locally for free so that is an easy one to do. (Most men just say flowers or roses) chocolates are another easy one. We can't do alcohol as we don't have a premises liscence but we do do ice and a bucket and glasses so they just have to bring the wine. I don't arrange services but am happy to point people in the right direction. For example we have a large turkish baths which also does spa treatments about 500 yards away so that is easy to get to and very popular. If it was a pain to arrange I would charge for time and travel. But we havn't ever been asked for anything really strange.

We have a florest who delivers locally for free so that is an easy one to do. (Most men just say flowers or roses) chocolates are another easy one. We can't do alcohol as we don't have a premises liscence but we do do ice and a bucket and glasses so they just have to bring the wine. I don't arrange services but am happy to point people in the right direction. For example we have a large turkish baths which also does spa treatments about 500 yards away so that is easy to get to and very popular. If it was a pain to arrange I would charge for time and travel. But we havn't ever been asked for anything really strange..
I can't provide alcohol, either, BUT if the guest calls the wine shop the owner will deliver it here and set it up, so that gets me out of the loop as far as the 'selling' part goes.

We have several add on packages for them to choose from, but if they want to veer off and order special items, I'll only do it if I can get it in my local town. That eliminates most high end offerings. If it's flowers or something from a local shop, I will tell the guest the price range I think it's in (adding some for my additional time and effort) and get an ok that I charge it to their card.

Back