What are the sizes of your rooms?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olga

Reaction score
I was wondering how big (in feet) your rooms are? And what size of bed(s) you have in them?

Our rooms (we call them cottages, but it's actually a duplex arrangement) are approximately 12' x 16' not including the full bath. Each has a queen bed, two arm chairs, a small desk and chair with a dresser and a mini-fridge.

350 sq ft has king bed and regular sized jetted tub/shower
600 sq ft, has king bed and double jetted tub/shower
700 sq ft, has queen bed, double jetted tub & separate shower
800 sq ft cottage has queen bed double jetted tub/shower

I can't remember mine but did have to measure them all for bo okin g.com weirdly but figure if it stops idiots ringing me and asking its fair doos. Also if you told me a room was X by Y and Z square foot I would have no clue what that meant anyway.

800 sq ft cottage has queen bed double jetted tub/shower.
Are you sure those are the sizes BD? Our suite is very large and is 336 sq ft. It is 14' x 24'.

In the two houses on the property I am in process on, the rooms range from approx 150 to 288SF
Each has/will have a king with sitting alcove. Three of the rooms will be one bedroom suites (if I can move the bathrooms effectively) at about 375sf with kings or two queens and a private separate (doors and walls) sitting room.
The third floor is 1200 sf and will house a living room, dining room, kitchen/kitchenette, two large baths, and two large bedrooms. That square footage includes common area landing at the stairs and a third floor storage laundry facility.

Olga said:
I was wondering how big (in feet) your rooms are? And what size of bed(s) you have in them?
History, 185 sf including bathroom and mini-hallway, 2 twin beds, desk
English, 216 sf including bathroom, queen bed, sleep sofa, desk, dresser
Music, 278 sf including bathroom, king bed, desk, two chairs, dresser
Art, 378 sf including bathroom and stairs, king bed, desk, futon, small dresser
=)
Kk.

Talking bedrooms only (counting closets but not counting bathrooms, sitting areas, etc.) sizes are:
170 sq. ft., king size
170 sq. ft., king size
228 sq. ft., king size
274 sq. ft., king size

Our smallest room was 15x15 ft without the bathroom and had a queen bed. Largest room was actually a 2 room suite with 2 rooms about that size (not including the bathroom and kitchenette area) & had a Queen size bed - the "bed wall" was not large enough to accommodate a King. We only had one room with a King size bed, but putting a King in the second largest room was on the list. All the rooms had at least a sitting area. Our baths were all a nice size as well, with a couple of them being quite large.

Single rooms (1Q) are 12' * 12' room or 12*22 if you include the bath and terrace.

800 sq ft cottage has queen bed double jetted tub/shower.
Are you sure those are the sizes BD? Our suite is very large and is 336 sq ft. It is 14' x 24'.
Joey Bloggs said:
Yup...it's why we're so friggin tired most of the time LOL It's impossible for 1 person to turn over a full house in the hours between check-out and check-in.
The square footage includes the bathroom. All rooms have their own private decks also in addition to the rooms.

All 5 rooms are western king -- from 368 sf to 608 sf including the en suite and closet space. The largest has a quality queen sleeper, all but the smallest can park a roll away.

Free stuff is always nice, especially when you're vacationing in a hotel. You're paying for the continental breakfast, but did you know that you are spending money on a host of toiletries and sundries, too? Don't leave them behind! Learn things to lawfully take from your hotel room when you leave, because it will save you money. Article resource: What to take from your hotel room to save cash.Usually when you go and stay in a hotel, you spend a lot of money on the food and services they offered.You must also know that they are also giving away free stuffs like soap and towels.

Back