What are your business resolutions for 2011?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
What are your business resolutions for 2011?

As 2010 winds down, it’s helpful to take a break from the daily grind and reflect upon the past 12 months.

• What was the best thing that happened to your business in 2010?
• What was the biggest challenge your business faced in 2010?
• What resolutions are you setting for your business in 2011?
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Best thing? It was an excellent financial year. (After the preceeding year, this is a very good thing!)
Biggest challenge? Learning our 'bottom price' and sticking to it no matter what. (It doesn't pay to teach guests they can get a room at their price.)
Resolutions? Being less generous when guests cancel at the last minute. After all the family crises we had this year where not a single guest knew there was anything wrong, they can show me the same grace.
And, as always, this forum fits all 3 of those questions.
wink_smile.gif

The best for us would have to be the new website. (we didn't come to life till that hit the web)
And as for as my resolution, go with my gut. (it's been right so far)
My biggest challenge is the internet!

have fitted waterproof mattress covers on every bed (we have some non standard beds so this is trickier than it seems) Get through my visit britain inspection with flying colours and make some progress on all the maintenance jobs that I have been putting off.

Best things were winning another award and starting my blog. Also, best financial year yet.
Biggest challenge is trying to RELAX more.
Resolutions include varying my menu and taking more vacation time.

2010 Best Thing....had another good year. ....Biggest Challenge......learing how to do things on the internet, you all do in a wink.......Resolution, make a small room w/bath out of my space, so I will make more $$ in 2011. Have about 425 sq.ft. I do not you use but rarely......Mary in Bwater

Finish the new wing....
riki.
egoodell said:
Finish the new wing....
riki
the wing thing is looking good! I hope the winter weather doesn't stick too many delays in there for you!
Joey Bloggs said:
egoodell said:
Finish the new wing....
riki
the wing thing is looking good! I hope the winter weather doesn't stick too many delays in there for you!
Thanks! So far just delayed the delivery of the roof shingles a couple of days. But wouldn't you know we have reservation requests for this week right after we tore up the tasting room wall....we 're lucky in that we are able to switch out some things like windows for doors we won't need any more on one side to install on the other. Outside doors are expensive!
RIki

Once again......stop stressing over things that are out of my control

Back