What Do Travelers Want? 5 Current Trends

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything except for the wanting to be out of touch with cell phones. But that could just be the age group I'm getting. We don't have internet connection yet, though, and only had a couple of requests to bring down the laptop. But that could also be because most of my guests have email on their phones. They don't go anywhere without their phones.
RIki

Oddly enough there was just an article on the DownEast blog that said guides in Maine were having trouble finding groups who DID want an authentic Maine experience. ie- they want to see the wilderness, but not up close.
And, by golly, do not tell them there is no internet or cell service.

We have WiFi, but it's seldom used. We are also in a bit of a valley in the woods with no cell reception. Most are grateful for that.

We have WiFi, but it's seldom used. We are also in a bit of a valley in the woods with no cell reception. Most are grateful for that..
Cell phones here are never going to work - guests understand, but we do have WiFi, so may of there phones convert and they can access most services via WiFi. Since Cell are dead up here, we have a Vonage phone in the common areas for free use - they seem fine with that

Back