What do you do? PITA magnet moving West.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
Guy never checked out...
Left luggage in room.
Have guests checking into same room for weeklong stay.
Call guy, oh, I'm __________insert place.
I will come get my luggage in a week, when I'm passing through again!
Told him we need to know WHEN, so we can make sure we're here to give it to him, "Oh, I have the CODE",
Us- "uh, no you don't it will be changed by then"
Oh I'll call you.
In the mean time, he has the key to the room AND is having a package of medicine mailed here that was supposed to arrive here during his stay!
I told DH, no YOU tell HIM to come here and get his stuff and SEE YA! We are not a storage facility, plus who knows what's being mailed here and what's in his luggage!
He's not so far away that he can't come get his stuff!
HELP!

Did he at least pack his luggage, or are you going to have to handle all his stuff (and open yourself to all kinds of potential problems)?
Can't wait to see what the "experienced ones" have to say about this. I know what we would have done when I was working in a hotel, but I'm not sure it would play out in a B&B.

Yeah, I'm with you- tell him to get his stuff out of there now. That whole conversation took big brass ones on his part. You are not a storage facility, as you said. You are also not 'Mailboxes, Etc'. He's officially out of the room, you require immediate return of the keys and removal of all guest belongings.
We had a long-time guest of the POs pull that one on us and we seethed all week about it. He threw us the keys to his car on the way out the door and said, 'If you need to move my car, no problem.' We stood there saying, 'What is going on?' His partner was coming to pick him up, he'd be back in a week to get the car.
We sucked it up, but like I said, we seethed. He was soon no longer a guest here.
If you are feeling taken advantage of, fix it now.

Just to clarify, none of this was mentioned in advance, he just dissappeared and his luggage was left behind?
So you call him and he tells you this story?
I woudl charge him for teh room key he took, put his luggage out by the road and tell him to come get it or someone else will. Second option - you charge him the daily rate for each day his luggage is in the room occupying the room.
So he was booked to be there again (on your books?) so he just took off and would get his stuff on the other end of the stay? I WOULD TOSS IT TO THE CURB.
The biggest difference in the world if he ASKED you to do this for him.

How rude. It is one thing when a previous arrangement had been made, but honestly this is just plain rude.
I'd have to agree that he needs to come back. And what does he mean that he has the keys and code? Does he mean that when he is ready he will just "let" himself in? Toddle up to "his" room and collect his bag and post? OMG ... he would not be welcome at our place again.
I know if it was me it would be gnawing away at me until he decided to return ...
The nerve of some people. You have to wonder what goes on in some peoples minds ... or if they even have one.

Sorry but just like at the airport, all unattended luggage will be confiscated. Makes you wonder why it is still sitting there.

Just to clarify, none of this was mentioned in advance, he just dissappeared and his luggage was left behind?
So you call him and he tells you this story?
I woudl charge him for teh room key he took, put his luggage out by the road and tell him to come get it or someone else will. Second option - you charge him the daily rate for each day his luggage is in the room occupying the room.
So he was booked to be there again (on your books?) so he just took off and would get his stuff on the other end of the stay? I WOULD TOSS IT TO THE CURB.
The biggest difference in the world if he ASKED you to do this for him..
Yeah! Took off with his buddies to do a bucket list...
NEVER ASKED!

I can't leave his stuff in there, we have another guest checking in.
NO! He's not book ending with us, he's just going to pick up his stuff and go!

Did he at least pack his luggage, or are you going to have to handle all his stuff (and open yourself to all kinds of potential problems)?
Can't wait to see what the "experienced ones" have to say about this. I know what we would have done when I was working in a hotel, but I'm not sure it would play out in a B&B..
What do the hotels do?

Give it to good will. If you contacted him and he is not coming right back to get it. I just cannot believe people. A lady left glasses the on Sunday. I have had people urgently require them, she said, Dollar store, just toss em. But if she said, Just leave them there...I would say NO. I don't have stuff for my own junk let alone store more of it!

Throw it in the basement. Or, Tell him to come and get it NOW as you have no storage space in your place. Or ship it out to him and BILL HIS CREDIT CARD and add some for the grief it caused you!!!!

If you have an unfilled room, put it in there and charge him the rack rate for that room
devil_smile.gif

OK, asked hubs who generally has a much more generous streak than I have...he said to charge 25-50% of the room rate as a storage fee. He wants to know what the heck the guy is doing for a week that requires no clothing or luggage?

OK, asked hubs who generally has a much more generous streak than I have...he said to charge 25-50% of the room rate as a storage fee. He wants to know what the heck the guy is doing for a week that requires no clothing or luggage?.
He has another bag that he took with him...left this one behind..

If you have an unfilled room, put it in there and charge him the rack rate for that room
devil_smile.gif
swirt said:
devil_smile.gif
I totally agree with Swirt.
At least tell him that's what your going to do. I bet that would motivate him. Afterall, he never officially checked out.

OK, asked hubs who generally has a much more generous streak than I have...he said to charge 25-50% of the room rate as a storage fee. He wants to know what the heck the guy is doing for a week that requires no clothing or luggage?.
Bree said:
OK, asked hubs who generally has a much more generous streak than I have...he said to charge 25-50% of the room rate as a storage fee. He wants to know what the heck the guy is doing for a week that requires no clothing or luggage?
I did the same, he said "Throw it into a storage bin. If the guy is that off to do this, then he might come back and tear the place apart or something, you never know." He also said change the lock.

How ironic... afer we tell Rolacoy don't worry, the guests leave, it's not a problem getting them out, then this guy pulls this stunt. Frankly, I don't know what I'd do, but I'd be stunned and seething for sure. Probably stick it in our basement (our quarters). I like the idea of telling him we give all things left behind to Goodwill.
Depending on his age, I'd probably pull the mother/boss/tough teacher act on him and give him a stern talking to when he returned about things you just don't do, even though it sounds like it wouldn't work on him. I'd like to think I'd say all that when I talked to him on the phone, "Um, that just isn't done. You'll have to get them out of here now." But I doubt I'd be that composed or well spoken on such short notice.
=)
Kk.

Finden Sie die neuste Brautkleider 2012, brautmoden 2012 für Ihre Traum Brautkleid. Custom Brautkleid design nach dem Foto.

Strand-Hochzeiten sind perfekt für einige Paare, gibt es keinen Streit darüber, wer eingeladen, nicht immer am Flughafen für ihre Flitterwochen verzögerte sich abendkleider günstig lang abendkleider günstig lang, weil Sie bereits und sind sonst niemand Sorgen machen aus dir. Bilder von Strand Brautkleider Strand Hochzeiten sind so viele Punkte, Es ist leicht einzusehen, warum das Paar noch auf der Straße statt einer traditionellen Ehe. Da ihre Ehe eher traditionellen online shops abendkleider , sollte ihr Hochzeitskleid auch nicht sein. Viele kämpfen Strand Bräute finden perfekte Kleid oder finden Sie die perfekte Brautkleid für sie zu erkennen, das war perfekt für sie war es nicht perfekt für den Strand. Fotos von Beach Wedding Dresses Um sicherzugehen abendkleider brautmode abendkleider brautmode, dass Sie gemacht haben, dass Fehler dieser einfachen Regeln folgen. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Ihre Strandhochzeitskleid die richtige Länge ist in der Regel trifft ein traditionelles Hochzeitskleid dem Boden und hat einen Zug nicht an einem Sandstrand zu arbeiten. Wenn noch wollen ein Kleid, kinderkleider für hochzeit kinderkleider für hochzeit um sicherzustellen, dass sie um ihre Knöchel Blätter. Dies wird dazu beitragen, damit es frisch und nicht, wie Sie am Strand und der Sand-gefärbten Fuß. Abhängig von Ihrem Stil und Ihren persönlichen Vorlieben, ist durchaus akzeptabel, einen kurzen Kleid auf den Strand, um die Beine sich für etwas oberhalb des Knies zeigen zu tragen, wenn er spürt, dass seine Beine nicht würdig sind, in der Küste aufgenommen werden und versuchen, ein Kalb oder Knöchel Länge Kleid wieder. Strand Brautkleider wallpaper Wenn Sie wissen, dass der Bereich, von denen zu heiraten bekannt ist, ist zu windig sein, sollte berücksichtigt werden, die Wirkung dieser an ihrem Hochzeitstag und ihr Kleid der Haare haben wird. Ein Kleid von Sprunggelenk schwierig sein könnte, gehen in, wenn der Wind immer noch um seine Beine fit. Wenn Sie irgendwelche Flieger oder Schichten und der Wind immer erkennen diese und wollen nicht Ihre Trauung zu verbringen, brautmode online shop Antrieb der Hinterräder, wenn Sie sehen können, was geschah.
[h3] Strand Brautkleider Bilder [/h3]
Strand Brautkleider Bilder In der Tat ist es nicht am besten Kleider mit Flyern oder Schichten und Sandy liebt zu kaufen, um einen Platz in den Ecken und Nischen zu finden, und dich nie raus brautmode onlineshop brautmode onlineshop lange cocktailkleider , bevor der Kopf zu Ihrem Hotel. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Ihr Hochzeitskleid ist erstellt mit dem dünnen und luftdurchlässig Material Wenn Sie an einem Strand heiraten, nehme an, Sie heiratete irgendwo sonnig und warm zu bekommen, ist das letzte, was Sie wollen Überhitzung und alle platzierten Schweiß von der Küste am Tag ihrer Hochzeit. Wählen Sie den Stoff ballkleider , wie Baumwolle, sind Seidenchiffon oder Seide kühl zu halten, dass diese Gewebe so dünn und leicht Kleider aus diesen Geweben entstehen leicht transportierbar. Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie Ihr Hochzeitskleid nehmen Wenn es in traditionellen Hochzeit versucht worden Frack Geschäfte und wir wissen, dass es unmöglich, dass eine gleiche Kleid, das in den Koffer passen. Denken Sie daran, wie schwer sind? Stellen Sie sich das Übergepäck, die schließlich haben wird, um zu zahlen. Das Kleid des Strandes Zeremonie sollte im Lichte der dünnen Materialien ist leicht zu tragen.
Strand Brautkleider Bilder, Beach Wedding Dresses Wallpaper, Fotos, ballkleid onlineshop Bilder von Strand Brautkleider, Bilder von Strand Brautkleider brautkleid für schwangere
brautmode günstig kaufen

Back