What do you do to compensate guests for 'Acts of God' or 'weather'?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our property now offers TravelGuard Insurance. I would recommend all of you to get this set up on your site or at least tell them in person that you recommend this. This way if weather, death, car breaks down or they get sick you will still receive payment and they get their money back. This cuts down on a lot of trouble for us. This type of thing would of been covered and you would not be eating the cost. This way If a guest calls and cancels last min and they say "Its snowing in our home town and I can not get out of our town. I don't think I should be charged!" All you have to say is "Did you purchase the TravelGuard Insurance we recommended to you?" Then It falls on the customer. They really can't complain after that!.
Bob said:
Our property now offers TravelGuard Insurance. I would recommend all of you to get this set up on your site or at least tell them in person that you recommend this. ----
Then It falls on the customer. They really can't complain after that!
I do not offer Travel Ins on my site but I DO recommend it in my confirmation under the cancel policy. That is my recommendation, they can do their own work to get it, I am not in the ins. business.
I've had 2 calls just today canceling due to sickness - one for tonight, one for the weekend. The one for the weekend just said I will have to call you back to reschedule. That is fine but does not let you off the hook for this weekend. There was no squalking, she knew the terms.
I'ts really simple to set up. There is an option for you to make a % off of it. Or just a direct link to a spacific Insurance plan that is set up for you from TravelGuard. Either way you don't have to do anything else but tell them "If you would like to purchase the Insurance there is a link on our site!" When I set it up I thought it was going to be another thing to have to deal with during the day! Nope! Very easy! Just something to think about offering! We have cut our cancellations a great deal because of it. Keeps people honest.

Back