What do you know about WordPress?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumitru

Reaction score
Hi people,
So I finally decided to start my first thread here.
My question would be this: do you know what WordPress is?
Don't start searching for an answer now, give your honest answers :)

Ummm, WordPress is an open-source website content management software system originally designed to support blogging but adapted for building all kinds of websites. I think you'll find that quite a few of the innkeepers here are using WordPress as the basis for their B&B website. What a strange first post, what are you after?

From his user profile, Dumitru would appear to represent a company that sells wordpress themes marketed as hotel-appropriate and/or -oriented.

Thanks for the post. Be sure to add yourself to the resources section, and not just marketing within the threads, which is a no no according to the terms of this site.

Hi,
Yes, I agree. I think a lot of people on here will know what WP is.
Personally, I'm not a great fan of it for creating standard web sites. It's fine for blogs but if you try to do anything a bit more 'complicated', I find it a bit clunky.
James

I have built about 5 sites using Wordpress - I'm no techie and I don't have a web-design business : )
Wordpress is apparently the fastest growing way of building websites, bar none. I'm not even sure that I agree that it's difficult to use for more complicated stuff. There are so many 'plug-ins' about that if you need anything just find a plug in - they're typically free. Having said all of this, it would be most helpful to have access to some sort of tech support if you're going to build with Wordpress but I think that's typically true whichever way you build a website.
Angus
Galwiji Homestead

Back