What do you tell someone?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Ok, this is totally off topic...but I have a relative who I fear will be taken by a scam. Here's what she wants to do?
http://fashioninspiredaccessories.blogspot.com/2009/04/lost-your-job-why-not-start-business.html
I have warned her about throwing her money away. What would you say?

sounds like Avon and Partylite in this country you can make money but it is hard work it is pretty much selling handbags door to door. Plus there are plenty of similar schemes where you don't have to pay any money up front if it is something like this she wants to do I would look for one of those.

If your rel is dead set on it, ask her if she would hand over $360 today to the person who wrote the blog? (That's her minimum committment fee.) If she would, I'll write a blog that says the same thing and she can send me some money, too. The whole website is a link farm.
More than likely, the majority of the handbags are knock-offs and she could be arrested for selling these items.

Point your relative here..
I saw that, too, but I was leery of that page as it seems to be an actual shopping page with some info interspersed as to why you shouldn't use a different shopping page! To me it was unclear what the poster's message was. Altho there was a lot of good info, maybe it was the presentation.
Of course no one would sell their prime mailing lists to any and all comers to sell their products for less than retail. As the owner of the brand label you might select certain outlets to feature last season's merchandise, but you're still not selling your mailing list.
Like us listing on room reselling sites. You wouldn't give that relister your guest list to try to sell to your full-price guest. But they will keep the email addies they get thru their site.

Back