What do you think is the best brand of Liquid Laundry Detergent?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Tide is good, but I refuse to pay that much for Laundry Detergent.
I am currently liking Fab in the red bottle.

we use 7th generation. Eco friendly, no perfumes, good for people and the planet. We get it from Amazon and it's on auto shipping. They send an e-mail first and you can accept the shipment or not each month.

I use whatever perfume-free, dye-free is on sale. It all works. The laundry gets clean. Why pay big bucks - for the name on the bottle?

usually, if you can buy in bulk, you'll save money. Buying those bottles is expensive

I only use the perfume free, dye free, allergen free, liquid detergent. I've not noticed a difference in brands. I add Oxyclean to each load.

I need scent-free and I find it's tough to come by. Consumer Reports has ranked the Costco house brand pretty highly. What the heck is the name? Kirkland. It's about 14 cents/serving compared with the 23 cents for Tide.

my mum swears by Areal but I just buy own brand and cannot see the difference. I just get what is on offer at the time as we do about a million loads a day!

I am using Method Free and Clear. You can get it at Target. It takes four small pump squirts from the bottle for a load and it does 50 loads per bottle. I get a lot of guests who don't like the perfumy smell especially of Tide even though I think Tide cleans really well.

I am using Method Free and Clear. You can get it at Target. It takes four small pump squirts from the bottle for a load and it does 50 loads per bottle. I get a lot of guests who don't like the perfumy smell especially of Tide even though I think Tide cleans really well..
I use Woollite, buy it at Cost-co. Why ? I have alot of YvesDelorme and Palais Royal sheets.They seem to last longer with a gentel soap. OH ! the Va. discount store for them is in Charlottsvile Va.(back room) I send guest who ask about my linens there.Mary in Bwater.

I only use the perfume free, dye free, allergen free, liquid detergent. I've not noticed a difference in brands. I add Oxyclean to each load..
Samster said:
I only use the perfume free, dye free, allergen free, liquid detergent. I've not noticed a difference in brands. I add Oxyclean to each load.
You add the Oxy with the regular detergent?
And yeah.......the Kirkland brand is good..........

I only use the perfume free, dye free, allergen free, liquid detergent. I've not noticed a difference in brands. I add Oxyclean to each load..
Samster said:
You add the Oxy with the regular detergent?
And yeah.......the Kirkland brand is good..........
There's an Oxyclean that's also "free"...that's what I use with just about every load.

Back