What do you wish you had?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Larger Laundry Equipment

2. A tractor with mowing attachment (we have our own version of a state park here and yours truly gets to take care of the "landscaping" i.e., trails, large expanses of lawn etc.
3. Golf Cart for DW to go back and forth to the Guest Cottages. I have a utility vehicle (like an ATV, but looks like a small truck) that we use now, but it would be nice for her to have her own. We could also use it to cart elderly guests to breakfast.

4. Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money for all of the improvements I still want to do.

We are very fortunate to have our living quarters detatched from the guest quarters. They do eat in our great room, but this doubles as the dining area and living area and the kitchen opens into it....very cabiny and cozy. Do wish the our bedroom adjoined the one bathroom we have in the house..
Proud Texan said:
Do wish the our bedroom adjoined the one bathroom we have in the house.
There are times I wish the bathroom was even on the same floor!
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.

2. A tractor with mowing attachment (we have our own version of a state park here and yours truly gets to take care of the "landscaping" i.e., trails, large expanses of lawn etc.
3. Golf Cart for DW to go back and forth to the Guest Cottages. I have a utility vehicle (like an ATV, but looks like a small truck) that we use now, but it would be nice for her to have her own. We could also use it to cart elderly guests to breakfast.

4. Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money for all of the improvements I still want to do.

We are very fortunate to have our living quarters detatched from the guest quarters. They do eat in our great room, but this doubles as the dining area and living area and the kitchen opens into it....very cabiny and cozy. Do wish the our bedroom adjoined the one bathroom we have in the house..
Proud Texan said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
I'm thinking you have a farther trek than I do, too, don't you? I'm only talking one floor!

Proud Texan said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
I'm thinking you have a farther trek than I do, too, don't you? I'm only talking one floor!
It was an even farther trek before we got indoor plumbing.
These photos are nearly five years old, but look at what we had while we were building here in the woods.
www.jldr.com/texastarinoh.html
It still stands and the guests love the novelty of it. We've further decorated it with Texas "stuff".

Proud Texan said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
These photos are nearly five years old, but look at what we had while we were building here in the woods.
It still stands and the guests love the novelty of it. We've further decorated it with Texas "stuff".
Possibly the nicest outhouse I've ever seen! Your horseshoe, however, is upside down, allowing all the luck to run out. Maybe y'all do it differently in Texas.

Proud Texan said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
Possibly the nicest outhouse I've ever seen! Your horseshoe, however, is upside down, allowing all the luck to run out. Maybe y'all do it differently in Texas.
That's 'cause if you go in there your sh*t out of luck.

Proud Texan said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
Proud Texan said:
LOL :)

I don't have a washer and dryer. Have to lug laundry baskets across the street and to the basement to do the wash.
A dishwasher when I am full.

Proud Texan said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
Bree said:
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
Proud Texan said:
Me, too!
=)
Kk.
Flight-and-a-half to the nearest, two flights to the full. But only when we have a full house... I upgraded my surprise repeat guest yesterday to the third floor... not that much more work to clean up there, and then I can still visit the History Department in the night...
=)
Kk.

I don't have a washer and dryer. Have to lug laundry baskets across the street and to the basement to do the wash.
A dishwasher when I am full..
hawley said:
No Washer & Dryer OR Dishwasher ??
omg_smile.gif
How do you do it?

hawley said:
omg_smile.gif
How do you do it?
I have a 1 bedroom suite and a 2 bedroom suite and am opening another room.
I wash dishes by hand.
I use my washer and dryer in my home across the street.

hawley said:
omg_smile.gif
How do you do it?
I wash dishes by hand.
hawley said:
I wash dishes by hand.
WOW! Just curious, do you make the breakfast at your home and then carry it over or do you make it in the Inn? Neat idea buying the house across the street and turning it into an Inn, You then have your own private owners quarters and as much space as you need! Cool!

hawley said:
omg_smile.gif
How do you do it?
I wash dishes by hand.
hawley said:
I wash dishes by hand.
WOW! Just curious, do you make the breakfast at your home and then carry it over or do you make it in the Inn? Neat idea buying the house across the street and turning it into an Inn, You then have your own private owners quarters and as much space as you need! Cool!
We do things in a similar fashion. Our cottages are about 100 yards from our home. We have a utility vehicle (like a golfcart on steroids) that we use to cart linens back and forth to the washer/dryer at the house. I'm going to buy DW a larger washer/dryer and have them in an out building much closer to the cottages. This should expedite laundry and save wear and tear on our home units.
Our maximum at breakfast is 4. Dishes aren't a problem.

hawley said:
omg_smile.gif
How do you do it?
I wash dishes by hand.
hawley said:
I wash dishes by hand.
We do things in a similar fashion. Our cottages are about 100 yards from our home. We have a utility vehicle (like a golfcart on steroids) that we use to cart linens back and forth to the washer/dryer at the house. I'm going to buy DW a larger washer/dryer and have them in an out building much closer to the cottages. This should expedite laundry and save wear and tear on our home units.
Our maximum at breakfast is 4. Dishes aren't a problem.
I hope you have room in your outbuilding to add another dryer for all the linens you'll be doing when you build more cottages :)

You know, I don't think we're going to build more cottages. It would ruin the whole reason that the place is now so appealing. People want their own private slice of heaven. I don't want to have a campground. If if did that, I'd have to do RV hookups and tent pads etc.
And, as I've stated elsewhere, we don't need the income; this is for fun and something to keep us occupied during retirement.

Back