What does Valentines day mean to B&B's

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Hi All,
The local paper called and wants to do a story today... about what Valentines day means to B&B's.
So I thought I'd get your input collectively, to pass along to them. (nothing like the last minute!)
Thanks!
sunshine

When we have guests in the house on V-Day, we generally do a little more than usual. Flowers on the dining room tables, chocolate heart candies in the rooms. We don't generally get requests for anything special from the guests, tho.

Actually not as much love as we have year-round. We have romance at our B&B's throughout the year...especially here, Virginia is for lovers~
I have an entire month of love, as February is the month of love, BOGO. Feb is possibly the worst month weather wise in many parts of the country, and our heating bills are through the roof, so we have to offer more specials to bring in guests. Everyone else hikes up their prices and this B&B is giving away rooms!

we went to the football and left my mum in charge! (we lost and it was a 300 mile round trip grrrrr)

When we have guests in the house on V-Day, we generally do a little more than usual. Flowers on the dining room tables, chocolate heart candies in the rooms. We don't generally get requests for anything special from the guests, tho..
Madeleine said:
When we have guests in the house on V-Day, we generally do a little more than usual. Flowers on the dining room tables, chocolate heart candies in the rooms. We don't generally get requests for anything special from the guests, tho.
Same here, we're busy this week because of the school hols. No special requests for valentines.

We include the extras as standard for our rooms since we are in Wine Country. This area is picked for romance, birthdays, anniversaries and honeymoons so our theory which I think is working is to include everything so that they don't have to think. So our rooms come standard with fresh flowers, bottle of sparkling wine and port and chocolate turndown.
THey can order cheese plate, birthday cake, wine tour during the week (is automatically added for weekend stays) gourmet dinner basket, chocolate dipped strawberries. We add the strawberries free on V Day.
Riki

Back